Small Ti Flashlight recommendations 2013

cactux

Newly Enlightened
I have been looking for a nice Ti Flashlight and I have found only 2 (MBI HF and the Lummi Raw Series). Could you please recomend me other custom ones. I do not know if there are some other flashlights out there.

cheers

THE_dAY

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know how small you are looking for but a great start is the titanium custom lights B/S/T to see what's for sale.

Off the top of my head I can tell you that the Nautilus MkII is being sold now here.
Great little CR123 light and even better now with the Nichia 219 HCRI.

CMAG

Enlightened
I don't know how small you are looking for but a great start is the titanium custom lights B/S/T to see what's for sale.

Off the top of my head I can tell you that the Nautilus MkII is being sold now here.
+1 Muyshondt Nautilus
Other high end names in no order are
Mcgizmo, Mac Customs, cool fall, Hanko, Twain
I would say pick a battery type, switch type (eg clicky, twisty) and features like light levels run times flood or spot ect or collector value to narrow down your search

cactux

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for your replays. As you may noticed I am an Unenlightened.
* From the durability stand point which is better: clicky or twist? I will guess that clicky, since I do not want it to turn on by itself if I put in on my pocket. but again I am a newbie.
* I am willing to pay no more than 200 usd
* Titanium is a must
* LiIon or AAA battery not sure here?
* High 200+lm (+20 min) & low 40 lm (+1hr)
* Water resistent (nice to have)
* Sensor: not very sure here but I guess Nichia219 will do it.
* Heavy duty (very durable )

thanks again for your help

+1 Muyshondt Nautilus
Other high end names in no order are
Mcgizmo, Mac Customs, cool fall, Hanko, Twain
I would say pick a battery type, switch type (eg clicky, twisty) and features like light levels run times flood or spot ect or collector value to narrow down your search

Mattaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
* From the durability stand point which is better: clicky or twist? I will guess that clicky, since I do not want it to turn on by itself if I put in on my pocket. but again I am a newbie.
If anything the clicky will be less durable because it is technically an extra moving part, and adds more orifices to the body. Most 'small' Ti lights are twisty - though my defintion of small are key-chain lights.

* I am willing to pay no more than 200 usd
You might struggle to grab a custom for that price - second hand maybe. Have a look for 4Sevens CR2 and CR123 lights in titanium. I have the aluminum CR2 and it's awesome.

* Titanium is a must

* LiIon or AAA battery not sure here?
LiIon lights may be more powerful but the batteries in AAA lights will store for longer. The biggest factor here will be the size of the light. AAA's are long and thin, while LiIon lights are typically short and stumpy.

* High 200+lm (+20 min) & low 40 lm (+1hr)
Most small Ti lights top out around 180lm. This is to do with the high current draw required to get 200+lm out of LEDs (which is normally pushing batteries of this size to their limits) and the poor heat-sinking of Ti.

* Water resistent (nice to have)
Most Ti lights will be o-ring sealed. They'll respond well to splashes of water, but do not submerge them!

* Sensor: not very sure here but I guess Nichia219 will do it.
You mean emitter. Nichia219 is the current favorite around here. It's not the brightest, but the color rendition is awesome, which in low light applications is more important for depth perception than sheer brightness. If you want more actual light for the same amount of power, get something with an XP-G2 in it.

* Heavy duty (very durable )
That's titanium in a nutshell :)

- Matt

Last edited:

CMAG

Enlightened
In your price range you may want to check out sunwayman v11r in ti with extender you can use 123a lipo primary and rcr or imr chargeable or AA batts with the extender.
Not Ti but give HDS systems edc a look 123a size batts in your price and bullet proof high end made in USA torch

Last edited:

Mattaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
It is popular. Note to get the maximum output you need special batteries, and the run time is very short. You really need to define what you want to use it for? Pocket carry? Key carry?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

cactux

Newly Enlightened
Key carry. It will by my EDC. Something that I can put in my keychain and be there when I need it.

It is popular. Note to get the maximum output you need special batteries, and the run time is very short. You really need to define what you want to use it for? Pocket carry? Key carry?

Mattaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
I HIGHLY recommend the Quark Mini CR2 in titanium (if its available still). I've had the aluminium version for 18 months. It lives on my keys, has scratches and deep gouges and gets used daily. I bought 10 spare batteries with it and I've still got 6 left. Size is fantastic and the run time is great. Output is around 180lumen on high but that's the old XPG version (not sure if they make a titanium xpg2 version.).

That's my 2c anyway. I'm sure someone else will have other options.

Mattaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
A good alternate is the Muyshondt Aeon. Pretty hexy price wise though - new they're $400+.

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
Eagletac D25 series are made in Ti and are very nice and under $100.00 easily.
Maybe a little bigger than is needed but very nice.
Olight also makes some models in Ti and are said to be nice and again in the under $100.00 range.

ltsba

Newly Enlightened
the klarus Mix6 maybe suit you,it uses one AAA battery, is a keychain flashlight

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like the lenselight micro, it recently got a facelift or something. It's a simple, chunky lump of ti with a neutral xp-g2 (40lumens, with good runtimes). The zoom dont work that well, so i would say it's a "mulehead". I got the simplest plain version.

Same beam as the ti p0, but a little bit brighter. The ti p0 is tiny, beutiful and fragile (trit). The lenselight is the oposite. Siglemode, tail twist, a beefy aaa on stereoids. Almost as thick as my quark mini aa, so the battery tube got some impressive sidewalls. The threads dont feel that bad. Not as nice as the ti p0, but not bad at all for a ti twisty, and this one got double o-rings. Fully potted, feels like a super solid aaa light made to last. Fit and finish is great with nice crc milled details.

Jrmclaughlin

Newly Enlightened
Look at darksucks.com. I bought a pocket sized quick release one from him off kickstarter.com in a solid copper and there was a TI version of it as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk