• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Small Wave of SunDrop XR-U **SOLD**

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Hi guys,

This is a small wave (15 lights) of the titanium SunDrop XR-U discussed in greater detail, HERE. The light consists of a 3S converter driving a Nichia High CRI 083B LED. The XR-U head has the same sapphire lens as that of the original SunDrop but the lens is positioned further from the LED. In the case of the Nichia LE, this means a tighter flood angle and higher lux.

The 3S converter provides ~330 mA to the Nichia 083B High CRI LED. Medium and low levels are PWM with reduced duty cycles of this set current driving the LED and resulting in lower output. The designer of the converter has tagged the converter as a "constant color" driver.

This head is also compatible with any number of other Aleph style light engines as well as the Cree 3S LE I have been using in the Haiku lights.

SunDrop-SunDropXR-U.jpg

The price on these titanium SunDrop XR-U lights is $440 plus shipping*.

These lights are available on first come first serve basis; as determined by e-mail orders I receive which are clear, concise and include the must have information:

In the subject line of the E-mail please state: SunDrop XR-U
Your CPF name
(if you have one)
Your real name and mailing address
phone number if international shipment
Any exceptions to standard shipping, which is priority mail.
If the shipment is domestic and you want insurance, please so state. (No insurance offered on international shipments)

For my general info on how I process these offerings, please refer to THIS THREAD.

Note:
The SunDrop 3S is compatible with a single cell battery pak. The converter is a buck/boost driver capable of running from a single primary lithium or Li-Ion battery.

* shipping is via Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation or Global Priority mail. If you wish shipping via an alternative method, or signature confirmation or insurance on domestic shipments only, please specify in your e-mail order.

Much of the "details" here have been taken from previous wave threads. However, this once, I wish to bring specific attention to the fact that I pass responsibility and ownership of the light over to you as soon as I have entrusted it with the shipping agency. I request payment at this time. It now appears that some of you wait until receipt of the light before making payment. That works provided the light does arrive, even if I have to wait sometimes for weeks to receive payment. But this is not in accord with our "agreement".

Any loss in shipment is your loss and not mine. I recently shipped off a LunaSol 20, in good faith, to a member in Australia and it became apparent almost immediately that he not only didn't bother to understand how I handle these transactions, he expressed a concern that the package might not make it to him and he has yet to make payment on the light; presumably he was psychic and knew the light would not reach him. This is my loss at his decision and frankly, it really upsets me!!!

I understand how many if not most large business now hold the customer clear of any liability or loss and that the businesses assume all responsibility until the item is safely in the new owners hand. I don't dispute that this is great customer service! However, I can't afford to assume the risk and liability of the safe transit of these lights. I realize I don't offer insurance to international shipments and hopefully you who have done business with me in the past can understand the reasons behind this; I won't get into it on a public forum. If you are an international member and are concerned about the safety of the shipment, I suggest you opt for EMS which is a bit more than double the price but it does have some reasonable tracking involved. :shrug: Sorry.

Simply put
, if you are not willing to assume the ownership and responsibility of the light once it is out of my hands and entrusted to the shipping agency, please don't get one from me. No worries and I do understand.

Thank you for your interest and consideration.

Last edited:

ptolemy

Enlightened
Re: Small Wave of SunDrop XR-U

Sweet, these will go quick! I need a sugardaddy.

Good luck to new owners while I pay for textbooks instead of this light! :)

scout24

Flashaholic

E-mail sent... Hope it was in time! I know not everyone who orders posts here when they do...

Drywolf

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'll take the "XR-U/MC-E/2x123" please.

:oops:

Just dreamin'.

:naughty:

Good selling!!

Hello Don,
I pretty sure no one would mind if you changed your sales policy just a bit. A lot of people wait until payment is received before they print a shipping label. Obviously your way works best for you and I would not question your policies, but what's wrong with a little insurance for you? I think I can speak for the majority of members, when I say we would rather that you be protected than we get our lights a day or two earlier. Well maybe you would still ship mine ASAP. :)
My unsolicited two cents,
Frank

Last edited:

souptree

Flashlight Enthusiast

I recently shipped off a LunaSol 20, in good faith, to a member in Australia and it became apparent almost immediately that he not only didn't bother to understand how I handle these transactions, he expressed a concern that the package might not make it to him and he has yet to make payment on the light; presumably he was psychic and knew the light would not reach him. This is my loss at his decision and frankly, it really upsets me!!!

:wtf:

Not cool AT ALL. Guys, please don't abuse the best faith terms in the business and ruin it for everyone. Taking advantage of Don's generosity has got to be just about the worst karma you can bring on yourself.

Good luck with your sale, Don. But your success has never been about luck. :wave:

The Coach

Enlightened

DOH.jpg
Figures my refrigerator would pick this week to die. :mecry:

:thumbsdow Definitely NOT COOL ripping off Don.

Th232

Flashlight Enthusiast

Any loss in shipment is your loss and not mine. I recently shipped off a LunaSol 20, in good faith, to a member in Australia and it became apparent almost immediately that he not only didn't bother to understand how I handle these transactions, he expressed a concern that the package might not make it to him and he has yet to make payment on the light; presumably he was psychic and knew the light would not reach him. This is my loss at his decision and frankly, it really upsets me!!!

As another Aussie who bought one of the LS20s from that last wave, I must say that that's really bad form.:shakehead

brighterisbetter

Flashlight Enthusiast

Not cool AT ALL.

Definitely NOT COOL ripping off Don.

I'm pretty pissed off now. :scowl: Don, you just say the words and I'll happily paypal you $50, to help out even just a little bit replacing the lost fundage on the M.I.A. LunaSol 20. Man, I'm seriously aggravated to the point of feeling my blood pressure rise as I type this. This community is such a special place, and to have even just one bad egg come along and possibly ruin it for the rest of us.....that's one bad egg too many. :shakehead

Sure wish I could afford to be in on this run Don. Looks amazing :grin2:

McGizmo

Flashaholic

I'm pretty pissed off now. :scowl: Don, you just say the words and I'll happily paypal you $50, to help out even just a little bit replacing the lost fundage on the M.I.A. LunaSol 20..... :grin2:

That is a kind gesture and thank you, but no thanks. I mentioned this situation as justification for needing to point out how I offer these lights and when the change of ownership takes place. I still allow this fellow the benefit of doubt but I would not be surprised if it wasn't all a calculated con. I find he is moving to a new address, after the fact; another possibility for the package to get lost. He never once expressed any form or word of condolence based on the seemingly likely result that I would be out a light.

Perhaps his lot in life is just to make the rest of us look good. I may have lost a light but I am not the looser in this transaction.

On the other hand, for the rest of us, we get to exchange trust and respect in addition to monetary and material stuff. :thumbsup:

I have dropped all of these ordered so far in the USPS drop box but unfortunately I missed today's pick up. The postage notification has today's date but the lights won't leave the Island until tomorrow. :oops:

lyte~speede

Newly Enlightened

Business transactions on a "handshake" (not to mention an electronic handshake) are rare these days. This form of fair trade offers buyers the pride of owning up to our end of a bargain AND provides the buyer a profound sense of respect from a seller because they trust us!

Rip me off one time=no second chances. Trust and respect are earned.

We now take you back to the sale of of some fantastic lights...

souptree

Flashlight Enthusiast

On the other hand, for the rest of us, we get to exchange trust and respect in addition to monetary and material stuff. :thumbsup:

This is truly what it's all about for me. There are a lot of great lights, knives and gadgets out there. But having the work of the makers I choose to carry (McGizmo, Atwood, Emerson) in my pocket serves as a daily reminder to me of the value of being a person of integrity and honor, as well as the value of living life on one's own terms and without compromise. I literally use these items as touchstones to inspire myself to become a better person and attempt to live up to my potential every day. For that I cannot thank you enough. :bow:

Royal Oak

Newly Enlightened

Email sent Don! Fingers crossed for another smooth transaction with you!

cheers
:thumbsup:

Kiessling

Flashaholic

This head is also compatible with any number of other Aleph style light engines as well as the Cree 3S LE I have been using in the Haiku lights.

:D

This will be fun to play with ... can't wait for mine to arrive.
:thumbsup:

bernie

London Lad

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm a BIG believer in Karma and what goes round comes round.

Aussie guy, take my advice, be a man and pay up. Don has so much good karma in stock you just won't belive the bad luck and s**t that is going to come your way if you rip him off.

Just pay, feel good about yourself, oh and sleep at night....