Smallest profile 2-Cell AA out there? Currently used the 47's Preon2 AAA as EDC.

Roadblock45

Newly Enlightened
I love the 47's Preon2 AAA light as an EDC but I would like to get a 2-Cell AA light that offers a slim Preon2 like profile. I looked at the 47's Mini's but I don't know if I like them or not.

Couple things I would like in a 2-Cell AA light are:

200+ Lumen
Clicky type tailcap.

What lights fit this bill? I've been emailing 47's and leaving them Facebook messages that they need to offer a Preon2-AA for a while now and I see I'm NOT the only person.

I'm about to give up on that happening though so I thought I would start looking around.

Muro

Newly Enlightened
In terms of diameter (i.e. low profile for me) I can recommend Eagletac's D25A2 with XM-L.....a nice flashlight, almost penlightish....I just cannot find my manual with technical data, but you will find this easily in the internet.

Muro

Newly Enlightened
I only have my twisty version at hand, clicky is slightly longer. Diameter is only about 18 mm. Just compare with two 2xaaa flashlights....Eagletac PN20a2 and Olight P20 (or O'pen).

Muro

Newly Enlightened
I am sorry, but the picture I made does not show up. Will try later from my computer...

Poppy

Flashaholic
CNQ used to offer a:
CNQ 2AA Stainless Steel NW flashlight I don't see it on their site now.

It looked very similar to their 2*AAA stainless light.
CQG S2 2AAA CREE XP-G2 R5 CW LED Flashlight
$18 120/15 lumens
The clip is separate for another $1.50

Roadblock45

Newly Enlightened
So far I'm really liking that Eagletac D25A2 and the 47's Quark Tactical QT2A-X. The D25A2 has a little more lumen according to Eagletac, plus its slimmer I really like that one, but the programable modes of the QT2A-X look nice. Although, it looks like you might be able to do that on the D25A2?

The those prices, I might have to buy both! I do think I'm going to start with the D25A2, thanks!

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Quark is actually much brighter.... you're probably looking at ET's LED emitter spec. Also 47s conservatively specs a lower output number on this light than it can achieve, I believe because it does not disclose the step-down. Warranty an customer service is better with 47s - tint options are better on the ET. Good luck.

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've heard Eagletacs have problems with their moonlight mode being far too bright with AA batteries. Perhaps it's just their 1xAA lights. There's a big thread about it with the Nichia 219 LED version of their light over on another flashlight forum.

I don't have any Eagletac lights, because in my previous research it seems they had more issues than 4sevens. Since they're very similar, I bought some 4sevens lights, including the QP2A-X which I really like.

Muro

Newly Enlightened
Hmmm. I remember that I had read something over at the bright side. Anyway, my experiences with the D25 line (LC2, A2, A Ti and C in various configs, read twisty or clicky) are good to say the least. OMMV nevertheless. Plus as I own a couple of lights (not enough, mind you) and most of them are in my daily or nightly rotation, so due to limited use I may not have encountered problems. Still recommended though.

LetThereBeLight!

Enlightened
I've heard Eagletacs have problems with their moonlight mode being far too bright with AA batteries. Perhaps it's just their 1xAA lights. There's a big thread about it with the Nichia 219 LED version of their light over on another flashlight forum.

I don't have any Eagletac lights, because in my previous research it seems they had more issues than 4sevens. Since they're very similar, I bought some 4sevens lights, including the QP2A-X which I really like.

I own a few Eagletac that use AA batteries and I've never had an issue, for what it's worth.

I just wish all these lights had just an adjustable moonlight setting.

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have 4 D25As and ~8 Quarks (mostly run as 1xAAs/14500s) - probably my two favorites lights. The ETs have better tints and size, but the Quarks have better drivers (eg, near perfect current regulation on any AA-sized cell) and more versatility. Both have quirks and issues, but among my samples, the ETs have had more (in quantity and severity). There's a pretty brutal review on another forum, and I tried to defend the ET, the OP really got a POS.

Latest posts