Smallest single AAA or Single AAAA UV LED light

KevlarSix

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

I'm currently searching for an ARC AAA UV LED light but can't find any. Can anyone direct me to a website selling these? Or can anyone enlighten me about other good single AAA or Single AAAA UV LED lights out there..

Regards,
KevlarSix

Last edited:

NoFair

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Smallest single AAA or Single AAAA UV light

Lighthound has a AAA UV-light for $5. It is a bit larger than the Arc. I don't have it, but I have a white version of it.
Look under keychain lights and you should find it.

Sverre

cy

Flashaholic
photon sized UV lights are smallest, but the coooolest small UV light is ARC AAA UV.

best way to find is post a WTB ... they do pop up from time to time.

I've got one available for $75 ... please PM if interested...

Planterz

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you get a Photon, I'd reccomend getting the Violet one over the UV one. The UV one simply isn't bright enough for most uses, unless (and some times not even) you're in total darkness. The Violet one is brighter and more impressive for fluorescing things. Save you $20 too.

Not AAA powered, but the CR2 Ion and Jil 1.3W UV are pretty small (still keychain sized), which both use the Cree 7090 UV LED, and should be much brighter than any single 5mm. I'd personally reccomend the Ion, since although it's 2X the price of the Jil (which I'm not even sure is currently available), the reflector is much better, having been designed for the Cree (the Jil's reflector was designed for the Lux III and makes a funky beam with the Cree).

Here's a quick shot of the 3 together (the Arc and Ion aren't UV, but the host is identical).

UV.jpg

dental4usa

Newly Enlightened
Hey, it's my first official post and I wanted to say hello, and to thank everyone for all of the great info found on this site! I've spent hours reading and learning .. I especially want to thank Planterz for his help!

That said, I too am looking for a good UV flashlight for scorpion hunting purposes. I'm trying to find an affordable one using the CREE 7090 UV .. still looking. Will most likely get the Inova X5 UV, but I'm having fun looking, anyway!

Just wanted to break the ice with the 1st post .. I'm happy to be here.

Oh, and thanks to everyone for influencing me to double my flashlight collection over the last week .. still don't have the UV, but hey, I've been officially bitten by "the flashlight bug"! :)

chimo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here's some photos of a mod I just did (ArcAAA) and of one I did a while back (ArcAA).

UV Pair: ArcAA w/ miniPro+CreeUV(395-400nm) and ArcAAA w/ 380nm UV LED

C$20 Bill: Normal Light, CreeUV, 380nm UV

Note the different security measures that show up with the 380nm UV that don't show up with the longer wavelength Cree. However, the Cree blows away the competition when it comes to sheer output!

Paul