So Cal Get Together - Saturday December 15th

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Perhaps Mr Ted Bear will host again in March. I'm just trying to help by checking out other possible locations.

There is a place called Lake Hollywood Park that I've visited before and it has some good features. I remember picnic tables (just below picture) and free street parking, but best of all it has a great view of the Hollywood sign that a searchlight could easily hit without any homes being disturbed. It closes at 10 pm but I'll call the parks dept. and ask about the possibility of an after hours use permit.

Dscn0628.jpg

JetskiMark

Enlightened
I had a good (if not cold) time. It was nice seeing the people I had met at the last get-together again as well as meeting the new attendees. I would like to thank Mr. Ted Bear for organizing the event and for arranging to bring all those nice lights from The Fenix Store and Battery Junction. Kudos Jeff, good job.

I would also like to thank everyone that brought all of the good food and sweets that I consumed in abundance. Thank you Trashman for selling your Costco HID to me. I really needed a light that's comically large, almost 13 pounds and considerately dimmer that my Blitz mod.

I'm glad that the meatballs were popular. I really did not want to bring home (and have to devour) 140 some meatballs. There were maybe a dozen left and I had them for lunch. I just finished the last of the Rum Balls as I am writing this. Thanks go out to my guest, Bob, for making them.

I hope to see some Blitz mods at the next get-together. I have a lot of fun with this light. I charged the 4000 mAh LiPos today and put about 1750 mAhs back into them. That's about 44% of their rated capacity. So I still had plenty of power left and that is the most use this light has seen on a single charge since I built it a few months ago. The only problem is that I now want something lighter and brighter with more run time. Something the size of my Draco would be perfect.

I'm looking forward to the next get-together. It would be great if we could have an overnight event. No rangers making us leave at ten o'clock and we could enjoy our favorite beverages. (In moderation of course.) And we all need to pitch in and fly Ra and his incredible Maxablaster over for the next event. I really want to experience that light…

Regards,
Mark

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
Mark, your Blitz mod was awesome! (Glad I wasn't a coyote! :green:) As to Lumens/# you beat my tank light! -and an A123 Systems pack for it won't change that! :bow:

Mr Ted Bear has been organizing these things since the Sequoia get-together, and that includes Cambria and the first CPF SHOT one. :bow:

Was great seeing everybody again!

Larry

mtbkndad

Flashlight Enthusiast
For those that could not make the get together, the 400 Watt Blitz & tank light were a real great study in contrasts. Shining down a long road the tank light brightly lit up a small part of some trees a few hundred yards in the distance. When the Blitz mod was turned on the small spot in the trees did not get appreciably brighter but EVERYTHING up to that point, that was for the most part dark with the Tank light on, lit up like a little patch of daylight.

Each light was the king of the get together in it's own area of design.
I must say for "sleeper" value the little vintage 6 watt light mod was the best light of the group. :drool:

Take Care,
mtbkndad :wave:

BVH

Flashaholic
Someone at the March 07 get together stuck their hand in front of Larry's tank light for a moment or two and received a mild sunburn. I'd say they are a wee bit powerful!

namelessone

Newly Enlightened
Here are the rest of the light art.

The next set are all of the battery junction keychain lights at once.

JetskiMark

Enlightened
This park looks interesting. Procuring an after hours use permit would be excellent.

Using the ruler tool in Google Earth, the Hollywood sign is .53 miles from the center of the park. Too bad the sign is so brightly illuminated. That should be no problem for BVH's Carbon Arc or a tank light, but I wonder if any of the HIDs or high power incans could do anything at that distance to such a well lit sign against a low reflective background? We just need to get them to turn off the sign for that evening. Yeah, that's the ticket.

I'm looking forward to the next get-together.

Regards,
Mark

Perhaps Mr Ted Bear will host again in March. I'm just trying to help by checking out other possible locations.

There is a place called Lake Hollywood Park that I've visited before and it has some good features. I remember picnic tables (just below picture) and free street parking, but best of all it has a great view of the Hollywood sign that a searchlight could easily hit without any homes being disturbed. It closes at 10 pm but I'll call the parks dept. and ask about the possibility of an after hours use permit.

Dscn0628.jpg

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
I'll win that one, Mark, with early '70's technology! :D I'm still blown-away with your Blitz mod! :bow:

Larry