So what happened?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chad Varnadore

I'm new here, but I noticed the board didn't run as smoothly as others I've posted at and moderated over the years. It definitely seems to be working much better today. Someone on amazon pointed the community out to me, when I was shopping for a new light. Anyway, just wanted to say thanks for hosting this community, it's already proven extremely helpful. And from talks I've had with owners of other boards I've worked for, I know it's not nearly as cheap as one might assume of a free community, much less problem free.

kaichu dento

au.gif
So what happened?
I was thinking just this a couple hours ago! How come it's working so well all of a sudden!

Thanks, thanks and thanks!
party.gif

noboneshotdog

Thanks for all you do Greta! Here hoping for a great year for you personally and for your family as well.

aginthelaw

I have a theory on what happened. Someone's significant other paid off Greta to keep us from spending too much money and time on our habits.

Congrats on the grandchild. Grandchildren are the revenge parents get on their kids. My mother loves to give them cake for breakfast so I have to put up with them until the sugar crash

Bdm82

CPF Supporter
Cheers, congrats on the grandbaby, and thank you for openly sharing the backstory now.

Timothybil

Greta, first and foremost I'm glad your personal life is in a better state. I've found CPF to be a very caring community.

Second, simply thank you for shouldering this wonderful forum that has not only provided an enjoyable hobby, but has also become a social community for many of us.

Lastly, because this forum is so important to us, thank you for the upgrade. Since I access the forum mostly on my phone, I'm looking forward to the upcoming mobile app.

Oh, one more. Grandchildren are the BEST!!! Enjoy him!
I couldn't have said it better. I didn't toss my cowpie onto the pile because I knew you were doing the best you can. I am glad you are over that period of your life, and am especially glad about your grandson. As I have told others, Your God, your family, yourself, your job, everything else.

Cyclops942

CPF Supporter
Supporter
Somewhere in the vicinity of Phoenix, Arizona, USA
I couldn't have said it better. I didn't toss my cowpie onto the pile because I knew you were doing the best you can. I am glad you are over that period of your life, and am especially glad about your grandson. As I have told others, Your God, your family, yourself, your job, everything else.
Yeah... what HE said!

Sadly, I don't think I could say it better, either. Happily, since I can quote Timothybil, I don't have to!

Crazyeddiethefirst

Congrats on your Grandson! Grandkids are the reward you receive for not killing your kids when they are teenagers...
Nothing melts my heart faster than hearing my youngest (almost 1 year old) granddaughter say "gampa". Her 6 year old sister is pretty awesome too. I love CPF, and appreciate all you do for us...

lightknot

CPF Supporter
Edit: Thought this was about today's shutdown!
DOH!

:goodjob:
And congrats on the baby Grandson.

Last edited:

karlthev

Supporter
First things first! Congrats! Take very special care of him as we know you will!

Noticed all was a bit slow but, I'm a tad slower and I figured I just wasn't paying attention! I'll do my best to be more attentive!

Stay the course!

Karl

harro

CPF Supporter
Thankyou for all your efforts toward this forum, Greta

- Look after yourself -
- Look after your family -
- Look after your beliefs -
- Only then, can you look after other interests -

I hope that makes sense.

Mike.

kpatz

Congratulations on the grandson Greta! I'm pretty new here, but I've had experience with vBulletin as I administer a home theater site, and spammers suck to put it mildly. Lying thieving crooks. Anyway, have you looked into using something like ZB Block to keep the bots out? It's free (open source), simple to install on any PHP site and it keeps the majority of spam bots and other parasites out before they can get anywhere near the forum's database. If this is the cause of the performance issues I think you'd see a big improvement with ZB Block guarding the gate.

I'm not affiliated with ZB Block other than (sort of) knowing the guy who wrote it, but I use it on my sites and it works great... I'm also active on Stop Forum Spam's forum.

Last edited:

Greta

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry everyone but everything is on hold for now. My grandson is 11 months old now.. and he's currently in the hospital with RSV, Flu-B and double pneumonia. I'm leaving early tomorrow morning and driving up to Denver to help out my daughter and son-in-law where I can.

richbuff

CPF Supporter
Supporter
Hi Greta,

I hope your grandson gets the best treatment possible for those diagnoses. He should be ok if they got him in early.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts