so what's the NEXT McGizmo light going to be?

Fringe

Enlightened
Most Ti lights are just "natural" meaning just as you saw, silvery gray like. Some of the others you speak are probably Ti nitrate coated and these are probably not Ti underneath. Don has released some unusual Ti lights with ti coatings, but these are few and far between. Look for it to be just the standart bare Ti.

Most creators do not ano. Ti becasue it is pointless, Ti is plenty strong as is and requires no hard ano like AL.

TITAN1833

Flashlight Enthusiast
flashy bazook titanium polished to some degree is not a dull grey it is shinny like stainless steel can be when polished i do not know of any metal being shinny in a raw state so the coluor can be what you like it to be with a bit of work .but even when polished it is still titanium.

Last edited:

dcjs

Newly Enlightened
Don,

do you know (and feel like sharing the information ;)) what titanium alloy is being used in the Ti PD-S lights (head/PD pack)? The FAQ says that some of the more recent parts like the S27 heads and PD packs(?) were CP/grade 2. It was also stated that in the future alloy may vary, with either 6/4 or grade 2 being used.
Although chances of scoring one of these are probably quite low for me anyway, I'd still like to know. :eek:

McGizmo

Flashaholic
dcjs,

All of the 27 heads are CP. There was additional CP purchased for the pistons and sleeves that would have completed these lights had they been made by the intended machine shop the material was purchased for. As it turned out, both bar stock in 3/4" diameter and 1" diameter (Cp) was delivered to the shop who has been making all of the other Ti parts for me and they used the CP for the pistons as well as some of the sleeves. This shop has been buying 6-4 for my stuff and it is likely that most of the PD heads as well as some of the sleeves are 6-4. I did not ask the shop to keep track of what is what because such a distinction is impossible to identify and keep track of. :shrug:

The short answer is "I don't know nor do I really care, to be candid."