So where is the Zebralight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Pathlight

Newly Enlightened
Interested in a Q5 version, if price is right; also a H30 model when available.
Everything sounds good to me. Best regards. Gordon

B

bwm

Newly Enlightened
I too would be interested in a Q5 version.

I've never owned a headlamp before and find the traditional headlamp design to be big and bulky and impractical for me to carry and use. This is the first headlamp I can see using regularly mainly because of the side mounted emitter and the pocket clip. I'm guessing that 85-90 percent of the use I put this light to will be when it is riding in a shirt pocket.

I think this light will appeal to many people who currently do not own a headlamp. At the very least I would say it will appeal to anyone who currently mouth holds their flashlight for hand-free use. The challenge it seems will be making the people who currently do not use headlamps aware this light exists and letting them know how different it is from other headlamps.

Brian

shakeylegs

shakeylegs

Enlightened
The Zebralight is slated to replace my trusty Aurora which has a beautiful floody beam and runs all summer on one set of 3 AAA lithiums.

Since I assume that Zebralight must have working prototypes, it would be nice to see beamshots and real world runtimes. Given the price-point, my expectations have been raised. I'm expecting to see a flawless beam with excellent battery regulation.

P

PeLu

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, I also take two of the Q5 (or higher). And I will test it underground.

Z

ZebraLight

Enlightened
The Zebralight is slated to replace my trusty Aurora which has a beautiful floody beam and runs all summer on one set of 3 AAA lithiums.

Since I assume that Zebralight must have working prototypes, it would be nice to see beamshots and real world runtimes. Given the price-point, my expectations have been raised. I'm expecting to see a flawless beam with excellent battery regulation.

I'll find a projection screen and get some beamshots in a few days.

The runtimes from preproduction units (with the same batch of components as production units) are: low 85 hours, medium 19 hours and high 2.5 hours. All three levels are current regulated, no PWM involved.

adirondackdestroyer

adirondackdestroyer

Flashlight Enthusiast

The runtimes from preproduction units (with the same batch of components as production units) are: low 85 hours, medium 19 hours and high 2.5 hours. All three levels are current regulated, no PWM involved.

WOW! This headlamp keeps getting better and better! Keep up the good work. :twothumbs

shakeylegs

shakeylegs

Enlightened

:twothumbs:party::twothumbs

:)>

:)>

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF Supporter
I know that this is not a sign up thread, but I really do want to purchase a Q5 version of the light and don't want to miss out on it. Please let me know what to do.

J

jdriller

Flashlight Enthusiast
Supporter
Put me on the Q5 list, please.

shakeylegs

shakeylegs

Enlightened
I PM'd George to let him know this thread was beginning to look like a sign-up thread. In the PM I mentioned those who have already expressed interest.
In response, George has opened an official Q5 sign-up thread here:
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/172043

You should be listed if you expressed interest prior to my PM. If not, and you are interested in a Q5, sign up soon. Looks like only 90 Q5 Zebra's will be offered!

I'm not sure that "CPF's Custom & Mod B/S/T" is the right place for the thread but it's there for now.

Z

ZebraLight

Enlightened
I have created a signup thread for the H50-Q5 version. There will be 90 limited edition H50-Q5 available. There is no need to signup for the H50-P4 version.

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/172043

I have added those who expressed interests in this thread to the list.

Thank you shakeylegs.

Last edited:
gunga

gunga

Flashaholic
I'm very interested in this light, but after the last few pre-buys, will not get another unproven light until I see someone actually test it.

Guess that means no Q5 for me.

:sigh:

Z

ZebraLight

Enlightened
I'm very interested in this light, but after the last few pre-buys, will not get another unproven light until I see someone actually test it.

Guess that means no Q5 for me.

:sigh:

Gunga,

We can still reserve one for you. You can wait for a while, and when you decide to buy or not to buy, just let us know.

gunga

gunga

Flashaholic
THANKS! I responded to the other thread, please sign me up!

Ooooh, I really can't wait to see this light, looks close to ideal for most of my needs.

:devil:

bullterrier

bullterrier

Enlightened
can't wait to the they begun shipping:popcorn:

sorry fore my english i'm from sweden:nana:

Cuso

Cuso

Flashlight Enthusiast
I dont know if this question has been answered yet but, if this light is a twisty , wont you need both hands to operate it? That defeats the headlamp purpose for me, specially for biker or cavers. Wont the light rotate in the soft silicone holder, while you try to operate it? I like the pocket clip idea though. Ive been wanting a quality high powered pocket light for some time now.

Z

ZebraLight

Enlightened
I dont know if this question has been answered yet but, if this light is a twisty , wont you need both hands to operate it? That defeats the headlamp purpose for me, specially for biker or cavers. Wont the light rotate in the soft silicone holder, while you try to operate it? I like the pocket clip idea though. Ive been wanting a quality high powered pocket light for some time now.

Yes, it's a twisty.

Status
Not open for further replies.