• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

So... who scored during today's drop?

xdayv

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tried to dig the archives... but couldn't find. :thinking:

Anyway, simple question: what are the lumens output of each level? If you can add runtime, thanks.

the0dore3524

Flashlight Enthusiast
I noticed that the name changed from TinyDC to DC1. Could we be seeing a DC2 in the foreseeable future?! Or what was the rational behind the name change lol.

the0dore3524

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tried to dig the archives... but couldn't find. :thinking:

Anyway, simple question: what are the lumens output of each level? If you can add runtime, thanks.

The runtimes will vary based upon the battery capacity. I don't know about individual lumen outputs, but Jeff told me in an email that he wouldn't expect max output to run for more than ~5 minutes continuously. Of course that's pretty conservative (similar to the 800 lumens listed on the website) and I can say firsthand that I've run the light for 5 minutes continuously at max and had plenty of juice to spare.

xdayv

Flashlight Enthusiast
Theodore, thanks for the input. The 800+ max lumens (although YMMV) is more than enough for my edc use. I wish users could program it, then the DC1 will be a more complete package in terms of flexibility. The craftsmanship is 2nd to none.

okluma

Enlightened
Des anyone know when their will another batch of dc1 in any flavor ? I would love to try and get one.

We've got some in the works right now. I expect will have a small batch in the next 3 to 4 weeks with some Ti, zirconium and damascus. Then we'll have a larger batch with aluminum, titanium, brass and copper for Christmas.

I'm guessing to differentiate from Mac's Tiny EDC?

No, we just changed the name so we could make a DC2.

Theodore, thanks for the input. The 800+ max lumens (although YMMV) is more than enough for my edc use. I wish users could program it, then the DC1 will be a more complete package in terms of flexibility. The craftsmanship is 2nd to none.

We're working on making it programmable. The drivers are made and the firmware is next.

okluma

Enlightened
Looking forward, and hoping it becomes available when the DC2 is launched. Thank you.

I don't think we'll have programmable firmware ready for the DC2 drop. However, we will have the new driver in the DC2 and when the firmware is finished, we'll be offering free firmware upgrades.

xdayv

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't think we'll have programmable firmware ready for the DC2 drop. However, we will have the new driver in the DC2 and when the firmware is finished, we'll be offering free firmware upgrades.
That's alright Sir, but it's a bit of a drag and risk from this side of the world to do the firmware upgrade, but nevertheless glad to know it's free! Anyway, how about being able to pre-select it to a "no-memory" upon ordering? Oooops I'm a snob for "memory" because I always tend to forget the last level I was. ;)

okluma

Enlightened
That's alright Sir, but it's a bit of a drag and risk from this side of the world to do the firmware upgrade, but nevertheless glad to know it's free! Anyway, how about being able to pre-select it to a "no-memory" upon ordering? Oooops I'm a snob for "memory" because I always tend to forget the last level I was. ;)

We can definitely do no memory, just mention it in the checkout notes. Or send me an email when the time gets closer.

gundamaniac

Newly Enlightened
So, who scored during today's December drop! I got a light and am definitely looking forward to its arrival :twothumbs

MadAmos

Newly Enlightened
I got an Al, my 1st Oklumen light but I was really wanting a Ti to go with my Alpa ICE Ti. Unfortunately I was at work today and just couldn't be on early or often enough to catch one. :sigh: :sigh:

Last edited:

Random Dan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hovered over the "add to cart" button on both the Al and Ti models for a while but eventually talked myself out of both. The q-lite driver doesn't seem terribly excited so I'd rather wait for the programmable driver that I hear Toykeeper was working on.

Ozythemandias

Flashlight Enthusiast
I almost grabbed one of the blue or green Titanium's but they were sold out by the time I saw it.