Sofirn IF25A review

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
My latest review:

Sofirn IF25A

I know this is pretty old model now, by modern 1x21700 standards. But I've been trying out the currently-available "budget" brands, to see how they compare to the more established makers. And this model does use the advanced Anduril 2 user interface. Check out my full review to see how it compares, but here is a quick teaser:

IF25A-Max_7Sa4RrVgHEfS7XWbis8FWX.gif

Next up will be the Sofirn C8L, so you'll have a chance to compare to a more recent model.

Stress_Test

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hm, interesting for the price. Seems like it might be good bang-for-the-buck for some users, but the quick step-down and somewhat sub-optimal regulation would bug me.

Maybe I'm a little more picky than some though!

It does seem to throw better than expected; compare the candela per lumen of this light vs the triple-emitter Acebeam E70 Mini. (it's more than twice the value)

It's cool to see lights using TIR optics. I do wish there was a trend to have these easily replaceable with a common TIR optic size. That'd be a great benefit in a light. You could switch between flood or throw whenever you wanted. And if the optic got damaged or scratched up in use it'd be easily and cheaply replaceable.

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
It's cool to see lights using TIR optics. I do wish there was a trend to have these easily replaceable with a common TIR optic size. That'd be a great benefit in a light. You could switch between flood or throw whenever you wanted. And if the optic got damaged or scratched up in use it'd be easily and cheaply replaceable.
Yes, that would be helpful. FYI, I understand this light is very easy to open up and mod. So perhaps you could find other optics to swap in.

Main issue for me though is low quality driver. With a good driver (coupled with the very decent Anduril UI), this would make a great host for emitter/optic swaps.

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
Recently upgraded my review rating for the IF25A to 3.5 stars.

On further playing around with the switch indicator settings, I realized you can have a very effective "green moonlight" mode, which adds to the versatility of the light.