Sofirn LT1s Review

sledhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF Supporter
Outstanding review! Can’t imagine the time it takes.

I’m assuming a protected 21700 would fit, like the Fenix 5000?

TimMc

Newly Enlightened
Thanks! I don't have any protected 21700 cells but I think that they may be too long for the LT1s.

There are two strong springs at each end that allow a Sony Murata VTC6 18650 to fit comfortably without bouncing around.

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
This looks really good and I like the mostly steady output unlike the regular LT1. That’s what stopped me buying it. But this holds promise

Stefano

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought this LT1S lantern in June.
Very satisfied I ordered a second copy which arrived today.
I realized that the first specimen has a bright moonlight level consistent with the manufacturer's specifications but the second specimen has about 20% more brightness on that moonlight level.

On the second light level, the second example is also stronger here (but only by 5/10% more)

On the third level, the two LT1S flags are equivalent.

Fourth and fifth level, on the other hand, the first LT1S takes revenge on the most recent one.

Not surprisingly, I have bought many of the same flashlights in the past and some had stronger or weaker light levels.
But perhaps Sofirn should better control the specimens produced?

TimMc

Newly Enlightened
I bought this LT1S lantern in June.
Very satisfied I ordered a second copy which arrived today.
I realized that the first specimen has a bright moonlight level consistent with the manufacturer's specifications but the second specimen has about 20% more brightness on that moonlight level.

On the second light level, the second example is also stronger here (but only by 5/10% more)

On the third level, the two LT1S flags are equivalent.

Fourth and fifth level, on the other hand, the first LT1S takes revenge on the most recent one.

Not surprisingly, I have bought many of the same flashlights in the past and some had stronger or weaker light levels.
But perhaps Sofirn should better control the specimens produced?
I'll let Sofirn know!

Stefano

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll let Sofirn know!
Two days ago I received the replacement lantern, it is perfect, tested with the lux meter it has the same power as the first example (both with white and red light)
Probably the second one I bought was a bit unfortunate.
The European customer service was very efficient.