Solarforce Forward Clicky reliability?

jcw122

Enlightened
Hi everyone,

I have a Surefire 6P upgraded with a Nailbender XP-G 3-mode...I feel like my 6P has become a whole new animal! My only issue now is that the addition of 2 extra modes has made the standard 6P tailcap create a very awkward interface for the light. I was wondering how reliable Solarforce tailcaps (forward clicky) are known to be? I liked the price, but I just want to make sure I won't be hindering reliability by accident. Thanks!

-Jon

thospress

Newly Enlightened
Hi everyone,

I have a Surefire 6P upgraded with a Nailbender XP-G 3-mode...I feel like my 6P has become a whole new animal! My only issue now is that the addition of 2 extra modes has made the standard 6P tailcap create a very awkward interface for the light. I was wondering how reliable Solarforce tailcaps (forward clicky) are known to be? I liked the price, but I just want to make sure I won't be hindering reliability by accident. Thanks! -Jon

I have used Solarforce forward clicky tailcaps extensively and without any problems whatsoever. The price is remarkable and i wouldn't hesitate to give one a try.

HotWire

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have one Solarforce forward clicky. Never had any problems with it. All of my Surefire 6P lights have Z59 tailcaps because I prefer the Surefire name. I tend to keep Solarforce legos together and Surefire legos together. Just me.

kramer5150

Flashaholic
Whats the current draw of that module with the cells you intend to use? You need to make sure you are not exceeding the current capacity of the switch. Be careful with IMR cells, they can melt switches in a heartbeat. Might want to search the forum a little, there have been some prior discussions on this. IIRC BC and MrG had some problems with melting switches... but I don't remember if the solarforce was one that was problematic.

Last edited:

Latest posts