Solarforce L2 noise!

chiphead

Flashlight Enthusiast
During a night walk, I held my up my Solarforce L2P to light up some bushes when I noticed a strange high pitched noise coming from within the body. The layout is like this:
*AW 18650 cell @2600mahrs well charged
*Solarforce LC-XPG
When I made it home I took the battery out and place it in my Solarforce L2/HA-3 body with a Solarforce LC-XPG/R5, all I heard was silence! What gives here? Did I violate Ohms Law as in current draw or worse?
chiphead in Sub-Saharan Texas

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's from a drop in, not the battery, like enomosiki said, inductor whine... nothing to worry about... can be improved with tighter fits about anything that don't have great contact... but other than that, not much... try to ignore it (I have Nailbender XML and Thrunite XML that make the same whining noise)...

chiphead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Inductor whine, this sounds like something akin to a tuned circuit! Ok guys, thanks for all the feedback!

chiphead

chiphead

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's from a drop in, not the battery, like enomosiki said, inductor whine... nothing to worry about... can be improved with tighter fits about anything that don't have great contact... but other than that, not much... try to ignore it (I have Nailbender XML and Thrunite XML that make the same whining noise)...
One thing I'd failed to mention, the light tend to flicker a bit. Is this one of the effects of inductor whine?
chiphead

RI Chevy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Could be a little PMD from the circuitry. Did you have the light on a high, or low mode? PMD sometimes makes the light flicker a little bit.

shao.fu.tzer

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought a Solarforce XP-G R5 3-18V drop in and a Solarforce L2P as a gift last year and I got the same inductor whine. I tried switching hosts, wrapping the dropin, changing the batteries... it's induction whine... I wouldn't worry about it... It's annoying at best... I've had some top quality lights with inductor whine, including an old HDS EDC...