solarforce L2-P

blanex1

Newly Enlightened
any one own a solarforce L2-P! i have two surefire P6 i have had for about 15 years now!and they have never failed me,but i have noticed they have gone up in price,even though i think they are old stock! so i thought i would get a solarforce L2-P to use as a host flashlight for some of my drop-in's LED,they seem vary well built for there price point and can run the 123-A or 18650's witch is a big plus for me,just thought i would ask because i never see solarforce products hear on the forum!thanks guys.:wave:

twin63

Newly Enlightened
I have an L2P (I have close to 20 Solarforce hosts - most are L2, L2M, etc.). I've never had any issues with mine. They are well-built, although not to the level of Surefire. Good quality for the price in my opinion. The ability to use 18650 is nice, plus there are quite a few accessories available (battery tube extenders, alternate tail caps, bezels, for example).

Go to the Flashlight Collecting sub-forum and check out the thread for Solarforce collections. Lots of Solarforce owners showing some impressive set ups.

emarkd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Another happy L2P owner checking in. In fact its the only P60 host I own, and I own a lot of lights. Its great, solid as a rock and never given me a bit of trouble. Here's my host:
RAIXYZy.jpg

And here it is loaded up with my favorite drop-in, a custom triple Nichia 219b on an S08 fet driver running lucidrv firmware, all in a solid copper shell.

f69ZGLP.jpg

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a goldish/brown L2P from customlites (Nailbender here in CPF forum) and like it. Good value for a SureFire type of light. Tinywind had a good selection of Solarforce products last time I looked, but prefer to work with customlites. I slow-burned out the switch using direct drive dropins, and Vinh (Sky Lumen) replaced the switch with a McClicky.

cp2315

Enlightened
Solarforce L2T is another good choice you might be interested in. Solid and pretty. Comes with tactical ring too.

lightfooted

Flashlight Enthusiast
any one own a solarforce L2-P! i have two surefire P6 i have had for about 15 years now!and they have never failed me,but i have noticed they have gone up in price,even though i think they are old stock! so i thought i would get a solarforce L2-P to use as a host flashlight for some of my drop-in's LED,they seem vary well built for there price point and can run the 123-A or 18650's witch is a big plus for me,just thought i would ask because i never see solarforce products hear on the forum!thanks guys.:wave:

I see 'em all the time. Now maybe you mean advertised...and that I think may be true, they don't show up. I own both an L2P and an L2T, nothing special just stock lights with XM-L drop-ins. I keep them around for power outages and times when I don't need other options.

Latest posts