solarforce L2T tail switch?

cjmorris

Enlightened
My new Solarforce L2T came the other day. I dropped a sporttac xml 2 p60 in it. It's a sweet light nice throw for a p60. One complaint the tail stand switch is terrible. With a better switch I would absolutely love light.
Since so many cpfers love solarforce host's surely they have came up with a better tail switch. I tried a Nitecore P12 switch and it worked great but then my p12 doesn't have a good switch.
So what do I buy?

m4a1usr

Enlightened
Get a Malkoff blemished 6P TC. You can get them directly off the web page and they used to be $15 but not sure what they are now. OR you could get a Z41 for free off the surefire rapid replacement web page. Both are great choices for minimal dollars.

I should have asked first about what is wrong with your SF TC? Is it just because it wont tail stand?

When I got my SF L2P body for a lego I did not pay attention to the TC end. After getting my Cryo bezel and building a P60 custom drop in I assembled the light only to find it worked like a POS. Did all the common sense ideas and it still was not working right. I took off the TC and noticed the end of the body had black anodizing where the TC made contact with the body. So took some 120 grit sandpaper and with a circular motion took off the black anodizing on the very end. Not on the threaded portion. Turns out the TC was making a poor connection. Once the anodizing was removed better connectivity occurred and everything worked fine.

Last edited:

DellSuperman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do u not like the switch or the tailcap?
If its the switch, u can change it to a McClicky.
If its the tailcap, get a Surefire or MD replacement.

RI Chevy

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are many Solarforce tail caps that you could get that tail stand. You could get an S6, S11, S12 or a stock L2P. They all tail stand.

solarforceflashlight-sales.com/product.php?sname=&s=18&t=FA