Solarforce

texas cop

Enlightened
I have a Solarforce 900 (very old), the LED broke, is there another, more modern replacement LED that might be retrofit? The old one was brass and threaded in.
Sorry your light is very old as far as LED lights go. It's related to the Solarforce lights in name only, before the P60 clones. I've never had one and would not know where to start. However if you're wanting to go the P60 route I could give you a list of who's making what. This will get you into a good modular light with plenty of dropins still available.

Dave D

Flashlight Enthusiast
Or for the 21700 battery version here
There are some drop-ins for them here

Enjoy the limitless possibilities of P60 drop-ins - whether you go with Vinh's or Ali it's a rabbit hole that you enter :crackup::party:

Do these accept a McClicky switch in them to replace the reverse clicky, that they are supplied with?

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a Solarforce 900 (very old), the LED broke, is there another, more modern replacement LED that might be retrofit? The old one was brass and threaded in.
i have 1 too, still works as it did the first day, but 1 thing i hate about it, is it is made for 3 unprotected 18650 cells. no room for protected cells, even thou i have it for over 10 years, never had any cells pop, but generally it is a bad set up.
AS far as your light, it used old p7 led, hard to fid today, will not be easy to replace with new led, p7 was mounted directly on the heatsink, no mcpcb. and much larger led than what is common today, modern leds are different, i'm sure there is a way to somehow replace it for a new one, but it will most likely involve redoing the heatsink so the led can still be properly focused, best thing is to get p7 led, (if it is the led that is burned, not the driver), even thou they are discontinued for like 10 years, they still can be found online, just try to get one without mcpcb. In theory you can remove the board later, but led's heatpad will have traces of solder, that will not let you sit your led right, it will have many air gaps which is a no no, it wont last long.
here is what l900 heatsink looks like,
it could be a possible to mount a xml-xpl led on 10mm MCPCB instead of p7, but whether it will focus correctly or not, you will only see after the led is replaced.

Last edited:

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
i think that brand is dead, they used to make good lights, but CC as of late was horrible.

i called them several years ago, asking about o rings for my l900, they said they discontinued that model and no support available, i told them it used the same orings that l2 uses, and l2 is still in production, the dumb lady on the phone kept saying the same thing, over and over, sorry this model is discontinued, we can't help, she did not even listen to my questions. i did find the rings, convoy's o rings work, and plenty of them available. i tried measuring the ring and ordering the same size, but it was a waste of time and money, i have half a dozen bags of o rings of different sizes, and hardness. none fit right even thou sizes looked identical. some were too soft and the cap pushed them out, or too hard and they would not compress enough for cap to go over them.