• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD: Nichia 365mn UV Light Engine - 500mA

datiLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
For sale is a Nichia UV LED NCSU033B(T) light engine with a single level GD500 converter board.

The light engine uses a Nichia NCSU033B(T) LED driven at 500mA with a single level GD converter board. The LED is directly mounted to a custom made aluminum can for excellent heat transfer. The GD board in the light engine will allow for a voltage range of 1.8V - 5.5V, for the use of primary, or RCR cells. The peak wavelength of the LED is 365nm, and the use of proper safety glasses is recommended. (I have a set of
UVPS orange protective goggles available for $10 if desired.)

This light engine is perfect for curing Norland 61, scorpion hunting, finding pet stains, inspecting hotels for cleanliness, etc. $135 shipped in the U.S.
SOLD

Nichia NCSU033B LED with leads soldered in place, and custom made Aleph can.
SAM_0007_zps50fe202e.jpg

Completed UV light engines, with others in progress. (From run of UV LEs in late 2012.) The thermal epoxy fillet is to add strength and additional heatsinking to the LED. This is probably overkill, but I wanted these light engines to outlive the LED.
SAM_0005_zps2f87b314.jpg

The first "I'll take it" posted here, or by PM gets the item claimed. Winner determined by earliest time stamp. All prices include shipping within the United States. There is no extra fee for credit card PayPal. Insurance is not included, but is available upon request for an additional fee based on insured value.

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:

Silgt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: Nichia 365mn UV Light Engine - 500mA

Will you be making one of the UV light engine for McGizmo Haiku? I'm in for one...

datiLED

Flashlight Enthusiast

Will you be making one of the UV light engine for McGizmo Haiku? I'm in for one...

This light engine will thread into the Haiku, but I am not sure if the LED will be focused, or at the correct height. I am not making more of these light engines, because I have to buy at least 11 of the UV LEDs at a time. They are over $53 each, so it is a sizable investment that I can't swing at this time. I also need to factor in the cost of the custom cans and converter boards.

Mirage_Man

Flashlight Enthusiast

Very nice! If I didn't already have one I'd be all over this. :)