• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

**SOLD** Nichia HighPower 365 nm UV Aleph-19

Billson

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: **SOLD**: Nichia HighPower 365 nm UV Aleph-19

Don,

Flood will work for me. I'm not planning to buy this head for throw anyway.

I guess I missed your answer to my other question.

Thanks.

Turd_Ferguson

Enlightened

Ok, I'm starting the PD365UV pre-pay list for all those who are interested.

1) Turd Ferguson

List is closed. Thank's all for your participation.

Very cool!

Kiessling

Flashaholic

Billson ...

McR-19LuxIII.jpg

a LuxIII LE with the Aleph19 without a spacer

McLux19LuxVbeam.jpg

A LuxV LE with the Aleph19 without a spacer

McR-19vsMcR-20.jpg

McR20 (Aleph2) vs. McR19

McR-19LuxVvsL4.jpg

SF L4 vs. Aleph19

Cree-Nichia-Beam.jpg

Cree and Nichia white LEDs in the Aleph19

You might say that all those look relatively similar .... and you are right. This is real and not a trick of the photos ... with the Aleph19 you get quite similar beam characteristics with a LuxIII and LuxV ... a "concentrated flood" which is a new and very nice concept for "flooders" like me ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Don ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/whoopin.gif ... you know what's that for! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

bernie

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
McGizmo said:
Larry,
Glad you found a safe place for testing! :nana: :grin2;
It arrived today, and in my eagerness to tear it loose from the other goodies, I managed to drop it onto the cement floor from waist height. The "dropped toast" law was of course followed. :green: Very minor chip in the bezel HA resulted.

Head-to-head with the Cree, the Cree wins for fluorescing little price tags and white paper stuff in a darkened room. Interestingly, the Nichia does a better job on the stripe on a $20, which fluoresces green with the Nichia vs ??blue/white with the Cree. The most interesting test will be when I get to poll some scorpions for their "opinions." :D

Larry

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Cool. Looking forward to seeing the "poll results" from the scorpions. :)

What does that Nichia 365nm LED cost by itself? I'm wondering if it would be worth it to me to buy some directly. I really like the idea of an LED with the same wavelength of a BLB-style blacklight fluorescent tube.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
PW,

Since Nichia is not posting the price on their web site, I am honoring their apparent desire not for it to be publicly stated. I was instructed that there was a 5 piece minimum, the lead time was 6 weeks (they ship direct from Japan) and let me ballpark the price stating that I paid more than $600 and less than $1000 for the lot of 5. I suggest you contact Nichia direct yourself. Things may have changed.

Larry,
If you have a "C" note, check the strip on it. Also check your CDL with the Cree and then Nichia.

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
I haven't handled a C note in a while. Hmm any other cool things to "see" at 365nm that you can't well with 395? Very soon I'll be in the elite 360nm club too!! (at a reduced mW).

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
McGizmo said:
PW,

Since Nichia is not posting the price on their web site, I am honoring their apparent desire not for it to be publicly stated. I was instructed that there was a 5 piece minimum, the lead time was 6 weeks (they ship direct from Japan) and let me ballpark the price stating that I paid more than $600 and less than $1000 for the lot of 5. I suggest you contact Nichia direct yourself. Things may have changed.

Larry,
If you have a "C" note, check the strip on it. Also check your CDL with the Cree and then Nichia.

"C-note." I'm :broke: after buying a flashlight! :crackup: wtf (honest!) is a CDL?
(I'm more than sure the "smiley list" will be major-expanded in the near future! I just hope that priority falls behind getting my "shoes" back! I'm also hoping Sasha has better things to do than cruising your board, looking for posts like this one. :green: :crackup: :nana: (which still works. :D ))

Larry

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Actually, I meant California Driver's License. There is some red, blue and white dyes which show up under UV. The 395 shows the white and blue but not the red very well. The 365 makes all three shout out!

I hadn't seen a "C" note in some time either but Lunal Tic turned me on to the strip in it so I bought one off my wife and sure enough, you need the 365 to really see it.

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
McGizmo said:
Actually, I meant California Driver's License. There is some red, blue and white dyes which show up under UV. The 395 shows the white and blue but not the red very well. The 365 makes all three shout out!

I hadn't seen a "C" note in some time either but Lunal Tic turned me on to the strip in it so I bought one off my wife and sure enough, you need the 365 to really see it.

Damn, I just posted a lengthly reply after looking at my CDL and the difference between the Cree and Nichia is significant! I clicked post and got an error msg requiring me to re log-in, and post was byby! :rant: I hope there isn't a "timeout" feature for composing a reply like om amdmb.com.

Larry

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Larry, I assume you are using IE. FireFox is very good at keepign your info in a reply field box. You can reload, go foward, back, and your text is always there! It's gotten me out of the habbit of copying my longs posts as back up!

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
Hi Issac,

I'm using FF and thanks for the tip. All i have to do now is remember it! :green: I'm fairly certain out graemlin list will be expanded before long. (What I really want to know is where are my shoes? And I hope Sasha isn't isn't cruising Don's board looking for posts like this one! :green: )

Larry

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Larry, I just found out the hard way that if you are using the WYSIWYG editor, that FF won't remember your text. But if you're using the quick reply box (standard html form) it will.

I'm curious to see a side-by-side comparision of this light with the cree head. Like lighting up a peice of neon paper...

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
Isaac,

My Cree rules when doing neon paper (price tags.) I suspect the luminous flux is considerably higher. Both have McR19 heads built by Don. I haven't had much luck locking exposure with my cam.

Larry