(SOLD OUT) Alpha: Run #2 (30 pcs) (1x18650, 3 mode, 2.8A, McClicky, 430+ lumens)

archer6817j

Enlightened
Re: Dark Sucks Alpha: Run #2 (30 pcs) (1x18650, 3 mode, 2.8A, McClicky, 500 lumens)

Would you sell me a neutral XM-L drop- in to add to my order?

Hey there. My lights don't actually use drop-ins. They have a solid (one-piece) head for much better thermal management than with a drop-in. The MCPCB is mounted directly to the head.

Re: Dark Sucks Alpha: Run #2 (30 pcs) (1x18650, 3 mode, 2.8A, McClicky, 500 lumens)

In that case, Jason would you consider to provide an head alone and how much would you charge for that?
Both price for a regular and a copper one?
Would the copper head be better with the XM-L led in term of heat management?
And woud it fit ok one a regular aluminium body?

received in the post the alpha an hour ago...

A big thank you to you Jason..

Denis.

Last edited:
Re: Dark Sucks Alpha: Run #2 (30 pcs) (1x18650, 3 mode, 2.8A, McClicky, 430+ lumens)

I put more pictures in a thread I started in you forum with more carving, but it got deleted..
No one told me in why they did so..

archer6817j

Enlightened
Re: Dark Sucks Alpha: Run #2 (30 pcs) (1x18650, 3 mode, 2.8A, McClicky, 430+ lumens)

I put more pictures in a thread I started in you forum with more carving, but it got deleted..
No one told me in why they did so..

Well that didn't take long. I actually never saw the thread...but it looks like someone reported it as "inappropriate content" and it was deleted by a moderator. Maybe just stick to the Egyptian stuff ;)

How are you liking the 4000K MCE? Not too may people have chosen that one, but that's my personal choice these days. Also, I was in a hurry and forgot to note the output of your light in my records, can you remind me what the card says for OTF? Thanks!

Last edited:

"inapropriate"??? Well we are talking about art and creativity and the " inapropriateness is in
The viewer' s eyes not in what I displayed! I got congratulated on other forums to have put exactely the same pictures. I ll send them to you in private

Your light is a really nice piece of craftmanship, beautifully put together, the finish is outstanding. You achieved a really fine work of precision.
The illumination is powerfull despite its 4000k bin and the levels are nicely spread. The color of light is really pleasant to the sight. Your label says 402 lumens on high..
The light body is well balanced and provides a nice feeling when in hand. I just used it indoor at the moment so I have to use it more to have an opinion about it.

Last edited:

Flashlight Enthusiast

I am definitely ordering one soon, just two questions how are modes change and how do you add the glow ring option to an order when choosing the XML.

romteb

Enlightened

"inapropriate"??? Well we are talking about art and creation and the " inapropriateness is in
The viewer' s eyes not in what I displayed! I got congratulated on other forums to have put exactely the same pictures. I ll send them to you in private

This is a family friendly forum, pictures of your wooden artwork depicting too adults performing a sexual act is not appropriate. (although i though it was pretty cool)

It depicts dancers not a sexual act!!!... But this piece
of work acts as a mirror.. People who has a sexually oriented mind will see in it an sexual act. Alternatively you can see dancers or a wood carving exercice to see how bodies articulate together..

Last edited:

archer6817j

Enlightened

I am definitely ordering one soon, just two questions how are modes change and how do you add the glow ring option to an order when choosing the XML.

I pulled that option off the order list. It was just getting too confusing for "non-expert" buyers. However, I do have a bunch left. Just leave me a note when you check out :)

The three modes are accessed with a forward clicky. Modes can be cycled by "pressing" the button in "momentary" mode. Navigation is linear (L/M/H) and the driver has a two-second last mode memory. So, if the light is "on" in any mode for 2 seconds or more, that mode will come on the next time the button is pressed.

Jason

mp101

Newly Enlightened
Hi, are your lights only available in the copper finish?

And not the clear?

Many thanks

Marc

archer6817j

Enlightened

Hi, are your lights only available in the copper finish? And not the clear?

Hi Marc, do you mean the nickel finish? I only offer the Alpha in nickel plated aluminum (at this time). I do have a separate thread for a solid copper light though. I use nickel plate to resist corrosion and to protect the soft aluminum. I don't offer anodize on any of my lights.

If you want to go "full custom" I can make you a one-off "raw" aluminum (uncoated) light. I don't particularly recommend it though unless you are an experienced user and understand/accept the limitations of a "raw" light. These will not be covered by my lifetime warranty since without the nickel, the threads will wear down and corrode over time.

Let me know if I answered your question or not!

Jason

mp101

Newly Enlightened
Hi Jason,

Thanks I wasn't sure about the finish as on your website they look copper or gold in colour, nickel plated is fine with me, can I get a blasted head also?

Thanks

Marc

archer6817j

Enlightened

Hi Jason,

Thanks I wasn't sure about the finish as on your website they look copper or gold in colour, nickel plated is fine with me, can I get a blasted head also?

Thanks

Marc

You can get a blasted head, but that would be a full-custom light and it would have to wait until my next batch of nickel plating...unless you want to pay the full $75 minimum charge from the plating company. Feel free to PM or email me if you want to talk details and pricing.

Thanks!

Oh and the nickel is slightly warm/gold in color. If you check out this blog post you can see some raw aluminum and nickel side by side.

egrep

Enlightened

Would you please send those along to me as well? I'm a proud owner of this light and would love to see more artistic pictures of it.
I ll send them to you in private

I will egrep as soon I log in with my computer rather with my smartphone.

fyrstormer

Banned

This is a family friendly forum, pictures of your wooden artwork depicting too adults performing a sexual act is not appropriate. (although i though it was pretty cool)

It depicts dancers not a sexual act!!!... But this piece
of work acts as a mirror.. People who has a sexually oriented mind will see in it an sexual act. Alternatively you can see dancers or a wood carving exercice to see how bodies articulate together..
I grew up in a house full of my mom's paintings of unclothed people. I think I'm qualified to be a judge of whether the wood carving was obscene, but unfortunately the thread is gone now.

However, you need to remember that Americans are much more comfortable looking at violence than sexuality. Don't ask me why, it never made any sense to me.

EDIT: Oh, right...cool light Archer! Any chance you could be talked into making an AAA version?

Last edited:

archer6817j

Enlightened

Hey all. I'd appreciate it if you could refrain from any more discussion about the aforementioned images :) I just don't want to draw more attention from the mods and risk getting this thread closed. Thanks!

On the AAA light...would you settle for an AA size? I have plans on the drawing board but nothing solid yet. I'm also working on a lego turbo-head for the Alpha. 80K lux anyone?

Latest posts