Something that I don't have

T

tolkaze

Enlightened
Well... I just turned 32, and I want to buy something that I haven't got yet, as a birthday present to myself.

I have mostly EDC type lights, everything from CR123, AA, AAA etc with outputs ranging from very low (RA, ZL, 47's) to pretty bright. I also have a few hand canons including big bruisers, lambdalights. I love throwers, flooders, HCRI, headlamps etc... but I want something that I don't have, or is different enough to intrigue.

I haven't bought anything for a while now (except M61SHO and a couple of incans) so suggestions are welcome.

I probably can't afford a multi hundred dollar custom that will take months to come in (sorry Holy Flashlight :( not just yet) but would be open to suggestions that would either fill a gap, or a configuration, or need that I am missing in my collection.

Please ask questions, I am racking my brain trying to come up with something

Y

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
imho the best síze overall is 1*18650, but when You are used to smaller lights, does recommending one of these make sense?
:thinking:

a very nice light is overready's Moddoolar Body (diamondback knurling), with the diamondback tailcap (with McKlicky switch) + at P60 adapter + a smoothie bezel (+ a plain bezel ring),
all in black HA (because natural is sold out already)
+ a P60 Led insert from member nailbender (three level, low--> high, Your choice of led bin/tint

or - when it should be smaller - get a stainless 18650 body from fivemega + a suitable head (its SF e-series sized)

Tegan's Dad

Tegan's Dad

Newly Enlightened
Any type of lights you haven't tried yet like HID?

Or maybe a different form factor like a headlamp?

archimedes

archimedes

Moderator,
Staff member
CPF Supporter
How much were you planning to spend ... ?

T

tolkaze

Enlightened
Haven't tried HID yet, have been interested for a while, but would have to buy online and postage would be a killer.

Budget would probably be about $200 to $250

archimedes

archimedes

Moderator,
Staff member
CPF Supporter
How about a SureFire A2, with a couple of custom calipsoii multi-mode rings?

Regulated incandescent and LED combo ... plus the multi-mode rings let you program different levels (& colors), as well as allow for rechargeables - :twothumbs

S

ScaryFatKidGT

Enlightened
ThruNite TN30 or TN31? Do you have a infinitely variable ring light? How about an incan?