Something to leave in the car

bjt3833

Newly Enlightened
I have a Solarforce L2T with an xml and a Quark Mini 123 in my truck all the time and of course the minimum of two lights I have on my person at any given time.

Like someone else said already, I too just cycle in lights that don't fill other purposes mostly but a Solarforce can be a cheap and pretty good car light. Worst case, if you lose or break it, you're out $40 and there is an unlimited amount of customization you can do to p60 format lights. SOS isn't too common on dropins, that I know of, but plenty have strobe which would get better attention on the side of the road anyway.

Samy

Enlightened
I keep a Quark 2xAA tactical in my vehicles with a set of eneloops with a Fenix traffic wand to suit. This combo works well in our 43 degree celsius summer heat. For roadside breakdowns/tire changes/ traffic accidents etc a traffic wand is a must, i've used them plenty of times.

cheers

AFireInside

Newly Enlightened
I've gone for a Xeno E03 for the car with Energizer Lithium AA's. Figure AA's are more common if i need batteries on the run

Norman

Newly Enlightened
I bought a Rayovac 2xAA indestructible for the same purpose until I tested it. [...] But then I looked at the beam on the Rayovac and decided it was a bit too throwy for finding stuff under the seat of the car or in the trunk. I want a bit more flood for that application.

Have you tried some "invisible" tape across the front lens? Not the clear stuff, but the milky-white. It can make the light a little more floody, but at the cost of some brightness. Since you already have the light, it's worth a try.