• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Soooo....Lumens?

Whitelight1

Newly Enlightened
the middle light picture looks like a N cell body which would use the green cell next to it I believe....

Oh yes you are right. I didn't zoom in and it looked like a RCR123A cell. I never even heard of that cell before

archimedes

Flashaholic
I think that photo was mostly demonstrating the different tailcap options.

However, even for otherwise identical models, there is more difference in overall length between the three choices than one might imagine.

Also worth noting that momentary only works with the "keychain" tube.

Last edited:

thermal guy

Flashaholic
I also was curious about the output numbers but after using my Logan's for awhile I realize they are just that. Numbers. On lowest it's very low and on the highest it's bright enough. Works for me😁

StagMoose

Enlightened
Have a Logan 17500 on the way in addition to the Eiger. Looking forward to the ability to use a bunch of batteries. Also don't have any peaks.

Mgizler

Enlightened
The eiger is one of my favorite lights. I loved the ultra x that I had. It really was a hotrod. But could only run on a 10440. These days, I have an eiger ultra. It's not quite as bright as the x but it's still crazy bright with a 10440 in it and can still run any other non Li-ion battery and put out tremendous amounts of light.

Mine is setup in a cool beam, narrow optic, keychain body with a momentary switch installed.

Vemice

Enlightened
My favorite setup; Logan 17500 and Eiger Ultra.
6YcKd4Al.jpg

Whitelight1

Newly Enlightened
Anyone having any flickering issues? I am about to pick one of these up and see some videos and comments about flickering. I like flexibility so I am going with the Eiger Ultra in CW and the narrow beam so I can use Lithium primaries and Eneloops too.

I am going to put this on my keychain, so I will get the shorter lug version and not get the clip or the Momentary tail cap. It is gonna be chunky at .75 inch diameter head. But with all the stuff I carry in my 5.11 pants everyday, I wont even notice it. LOL.

What is the best 10440 cells for this light? I am going to get some fresh ones.

Last edited:

Whitelight1

Newly Enlightened
I Ordered the Eiger Ultra X after seeing the difference in output in this YouTube video. I want that extra output for sure it is at the end of the video. Are Efest 10440 cells good for this light?

https://youtu.be/3BWrat6TRzU

Last edited:

Mgizler

Enlightened
Anyone having any flickering issues? I am about to pick one of these up and see some videos and comments about flickering. I like flexibility so I am going with the Eiger Ultra in CW and the narrow beam so I can use Lithium primaries and Eneloops too.

I am going to put this on my keychain, so I will get the shorter lug version and not get the clip or the Momentary tail cap. It is gonna be chunky at .75 inch diameter head. But with all the stuff I carry in my 5.11 pants everyday, I wont even notice it. LOL.

What is the best 10440 cells for this light? I am going to get some fresh ones.

I once had an oveready edition with an SS headband alum body. And it would flicker ever so slightly. But I've since switched to brass and it's buttery smooth.
The ultra you want is what I have and it's fantastic. Get it in brass or copper. They are just so smooth.

Whitelight1

Newly Enlightened
I once had an oveready edition with an SS headband alum body. And it would flicker ever so slightly. But I've since switched to brass and it's buttery smooth.
The ultra you want is what I have and it's fantastic. Get it in brass or copper. They are just so smooth.

Thank you, do you know if efest 10440 cells fit? What 10440 cells do you use?

StagMoose

Enlightened
The Eiger has a Ti clip from Prometheus, which is usually out of stock and the Logan is from Oveready (SS).

Thank you. Yes out of stock on the prometheus. Still trying to find the Overready one on their site, but i will eventually get there.

StagMoose

Enlightened
Google oveready clip Peak Logan.

Yeah I found it, thanks. New to grab a couple of these.

Also ordered some QTC squares to play with from a different vendor. Interested to see what applications I can put them into.

In reading about the QTC, it seems there is some varying data on material longevity depending on how hard it is cycled. I don't have a peak in hand yet, but I am interested in them for potential situations where batteries are scarce and want to see how peak's QTC sandwich is made and possibly rebuild ability of it.

As well as some other applications I am thinking about.

Vemice

Enlightened
Yeah I found it, thanks. New to grab a couple of these.

Also ordered some QTC squares to play with from a different vendor. Interested to see what applications I can put them into.

In reading about the QTC, it seems there is some varying data on material longevity depending on how hard it is cycled. I don't have a peak in hand yet, but I am interested in them for potential situations where batteries are scarce and want to see how peak's QTC sandwich is made and possibly rebuild ability of it.

As well as some other applications I am thinking about.

Don't know if this helps but pretty sure this is what the QTC looks like. The small squares are sandwiched between two pieces of delrin or plastic and keep the metal connection pieces apart until pressure is applied via the Momentary switch or the twisty head.
UY7abgTl.jpg

StagMoose

Enlightened
That is interesting. Were you able to easily disassemble that? Will it go back together?

That is exactly what the QTC prices I purchased look like. They aren't even expensive.