Spring arrived in my backyard

[email protected]

Flashaholic
Some blackbirds thought a feeder house about ten feet from our house was the perfect spot to nest... :thinking:
It will be fun when the eggs hatch, I have a perfect view from my window. :D
merelfy6.jpg

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Neat picture, Bart! Thanks.

I spotted this lonely daffodil at the edge of the woods today. It seems to have it's arms outstretched, saying "Here I am!" :)
daffodil.jpg

Last edited:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Some blackbirds thought a feeder house about ten feet from our house was the perfect spot to nest... :thinking:
It will be fun when the eggs hatch, I have a perfect view from my window. :D

Darn squatters. Now you'll need an attorney to evict them. :p

loving light

Newly Enlightened
Isn't Mother Nature wonderfull,great pictures!Now what type of porch lights are you going to install for your new "residents"?:thinking:

X_Marine

Enlightened
Oh boy, that will be fun. :)
We had the pleasure of watching a pair of jenny wrens raise a family in a hanging basket on our front porch. They were so trusting of us as we walked within inches every time we went anywhere.

I'll have to see if I can find a pic or 2.

More pics plz.. :wave:
X/BillyD..

[email protected]

Flashaholic
When/if the eggs hatch I'll try to make some more pics, right now I don't want to disturb her too much.We can walk by, but if we stop and watch mom gets a bit nervous. ;)

I'm not sure yet what kind of porchlight they want, I might have to take them shopping with me.. :p

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah central canada got a nasty cold front. Eastern was spared thou, over 20, and over 30 under the sun. It was pretty funny to see people running around in t-shirt and shorts, while there are mountain of snow still piled in parking lots.

Hitthespot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well I hoped to learn dad, but it seems he has been banned from the nest for now, I haven't seen him for a few days now... :shrug:

I always thought that with birds both parents were equally active, if not the male even more active than the female. His part is probably done with the nest being complete and mom laying the eggs. I'll bet he will show up when the feeding starts.

Bill