• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Spy Upgrade thread part 2.

brightnorm

Flashaholic
Another great feature of the SPY is the "automatic battery meter" provided by diminishing level availability.

Brightnorm

dat2zip

Flashlight Enthusiast
This post dropped off the radar. Made it a sticky.

Still offering upgrades for those that are interested. :)

Wayne

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
This post dropped off the radar. Made it a sticky.

Still offering upgrades for those that are interested. :)

Wayne

There is another one coming your way in about two weeks. The light is coming to me for repair of the knob and I will send it to you after that.

Cheers
Dave

Edwood

Enlightened
Looking forward to upgrading my not-quite-but-so-close-to-in-hand SPY 007 to a P7 possibly in the future.

Don, make a P7 Reflector, please! :)

The possibility of an upgrade to a P7 in the SPY 007 is what tipped me over the edge in deciding on buying it.

Love the open ended options.

senna94

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wayne,

I am interested in upgrading my SPY 005 and was wondering if you have the time and resources to do it.

Thanks,

Paul

dat2zip

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wayne,

I am interested in upgrading my SPY 005 and was wondering if you have the time and resources to do it.

Thanks,

Paul

Upgrades are still be done. Most likely I will gather the January list and try to have them all shipped and in my possession by end of January and upgrades will be done the first week of February. The price remains the same. There are no changes to the pricing.

January 2009 upgrade list.

senna94.

Last edited:

GryphonQ

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys, I am interested in an upgrade to a Spy 005 and also to a Spy 007. What's available, and what's the typical turnaround time on that?

Thanks very much. RG

dat2zip

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just what is posted in the first thread.

Currently the SPY007 firmware is not available for use in the SPY005.

If you are interested that would make two of you and both of you could send your lights in for this month.

Wayne

dat2zip

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, Upgrades are still being done. I had hope they could be done in batches, but, I'll do them one at a time if need be.

Wayne

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, Upgrades are still being done. I had hope they could be done in batches, but, I'll do them one at a time if need be.

Wayne

Hi Wayne,

I have a 005 on the way and would like to know how long turn around time would be if I sent it in for the STFu upgrade?

Does the heatsink need to be replaced if upgrading to a Seoul?

Since I have not recieved the light yet , I will see how I like it, but have a feeling after reading all the reiews on the STFu that i will have to have it upgraded.

Please let me know how long turn around will be.

Thanks,

Tim

dat2zip

Flashlight Enthusiast
Turnaround is usually less than a week and depends on what is setup on the bench at the time and can be delayed if unexpected difficulties arise. Currently the 2DXAA battery fixture and components are on the bench as I seem to have to make the all the time.

Wayne

daz4311

Newly Enlightened
could you upgrade a spy 005 for me as i have the chance to buy one but only if it can be upgraded please contact me so we can talk about this....i have also sent you a pm ;)

BarryG

Enlightened
Is an upgrade service still available? Just looking at future options for my Spy007 w/STFu 2.1

Thanks,
Barry

scout24

Flashaholic
A good question. I would imagine there would be good business bringing 005's and earlier 007's into the present day re: emitters with different tint as well as upping the power available. Since these were so over-engineered to start with and all. :) What say you, Dave?

KuanR

Flashlight Enthusiast
I remember asking Dave this last year and his reply was he simply didn't have time to offer the upgrade as a service at the time