SR52UTvn - LEO Thrower

T

tab665

Flashlight Enthusiast
im going to bump this again. as it seems like a boost driver might be in the works, does that mean this light can be modded with a XHP-35 HI if that comes to fruition?

D

drummer132132

Enlightened
im going to bump this again. as it seems like a boost driver might be in the works, does that mean this light can be modded with a XHP-35 HI if that comes to fruition?

Really good question, I'd be interested in knowing too

S

Saul Good

Enlightened

Just out of curiosity... Where might I read about this boost driver?:)

J

jasaero

Newly Enlightened
Just out of curiosity... Where might I read about this boost driver?:)

Think that may be what is getting discussed for use in the TN40. We'll see.

Last edited:
T

tab665

Flashlight Enthusiast
yeah, in the TN40 thread, but i think it was revealed that the driverVNXR (the name thats been tossed around) is going to be a buck driver, not a boost driver. i dont think it would be a solution to make an xhp-35 work in this light.

J

jasaero

Newly Enlightened
yeah, in the TN40 thread, but i think it was revealed that the driverVNXR (the name thats been tossed around) is going to be a buck driver, not a boost driver. i dont think it would be a solution to make an xhp-35 work in this light.

Yeah and that is sorta confusing...unless he is trying to get the tn40 working with xhp35 in parallel. Not sure how that will work out.

T

tab665

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah and that is sorta confusing...unless he is trying to get the tn40 working with xhp35 in parallel. Not sure how that will work out.
agreed, maybe he got his words confused between buck and boost. all I know is that this light would be a supreme candidate for the XHP-35 HI treatment. also, if im going to be completely honest, I don't understand the whole drive to upgrade the latest and greatest lights from the manufacturer. what makes them the latest and greatest is usually just a led upgrade or driver boost which is what vihn does anyways. why not just keep upgrading the same models as new leds and whatnot become available? for example, was there a reason for the SR52UTvn when there was already a SR52vn?