Stashing an EDC light in your coat pocket

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
I love the cool weather because there's a Photon clipped to the inside of the coat, a RR 2AAA in the inside pocket, and maybe even a LSL zipped in an outer pocket.

Geoff

Lightbringer

Newly Enlightened
I keep a QIII in the sleeve of my ECWS parka and a rite-n-rain pad with fisher pen in the other sleeve. Not sure about keeping extra batteries...i dont kno if i like them bouncin around the pockets when i may put other stuff in that may short it

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Another RiverRocker here. This AAA goes in the pen pocket of my brand new Daniel Cremieux Aviator New Zealand lambskin. I'd like a lux with the same profile. Sweet jacket. I might post about it. Lotsa pockets.

The gossipy Linda Richman (host of "Coffee Talk") says it's like butter.

Niteowl

Enlightened
Before I started shining around here, I had to think about grabbing one to go. For some strange reason, I now have enough lights that it's a given that one's going out the door with me. I'll have two or three in my coat pockets at any time. It's just the larger ones I have to grab.

AlanH

Enlightened
I was luicky before I found CPF to have a MC or a MagAA with me. Apart from Petzl Zipka's for my hounds, I never really bothered.

Now it's a different story.

I just went and counted (prompted by this thread). I have a total of 44 lights in coats or in trucks, cars and quads. Still pocket carry an L1P and belt carry the L2 though.

kidatari

Newly Enlightened
Malpaso said:
The pocket on the sleeve of my ECWCS parka is perfect for a G2.

I found that the sleeve pocket is a bit of a pain if you are constantly pulling out/putting away your light. Now I either put my A2 in one of the 'Napoleon' pockets of my ECWCS Gortex, or clip it to the pocket flap of the ECWCS pants.