• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Still trying to contact Peak ... ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arm and Leg

Banned
Now, I'm not one to get easily pissed off, but, after 10's of failed attempts at getting ahold of Robyn, or anyone at peak, I feel this is the only way I can get their attention.
Back in 2012, I ordered a momentary from them, and I was told I would receive it a week later, after a month, I tried ringing/emailing/etc and got nobody to pick up or reply.
Robyn or anyone from Peak, please PM me and resolve this and send me it or at least refund me.
Thank you!

Last edited:

eyeeatingfish

Enlightened
Re: .........

Be prepared to wait. Sometimes the response was good and quick, and sometimes it goes on forever. I think they take on these other projects sometimes.

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast

Email does not always get through or make an impression. If you are located in the USA, send Peak a registered letter by US Mail, return receipt requested.

Last edited:

RobME

Newly Enlightened

Now, I'm not one to get easily pissed off, but, after 10's of failed attempts at getting a hold of Robyn, or anyone at peak...

Your frustration is understandable but hang in there. Those Peak folks, (you know), they're Aliens. Sometimes they have to beam back to the home planet... take some R&R... pick-up some new technology... and then beam back down here. It's a long trip for them, but they'll get back to you. It's all in the timing. You might've been lucky, but you weren't this time. Peak's CS (once they get back) is pretty good. And now you know why they're based in AZ. :)

Arm and Leg

Banned

Your frustration is understandable but hang in there. Those Peak folks, (you know), they're Aliens. Sometimes they have to beam back to the home planet... take some R&R... pick-up some new technology... and then beam back down here. It's a long trip for them, but they'll get back to you. It's all in the timing. You might've been lucky, but you weren't this time. Peak's CS (once they get back) is pretty good. And now you know why they're based in AZ. :)
The heat must mess with their brains...

persco

Enlightened

Now, I'm not one to get easily pissed off, but, after 10's of failed attempts at getting ahold of Robyn, or anyone at peak, I feel this is the only way I can get their attention.
Back in 2012, I ordered a momentary from them, and I was told I would receive it a week later, after a month, I tried ringing/emailing/etc and got nobody to pick up or reply.
Robyn or anyone from Peak, please PM me and resolve this and send me it or at least refund me.
Thank you!

I wish the best of luck with Peak. If you are American, there may be the slight chance that Peak will respond to you. If you live anywhere else, forget about it. I gave up trying to get a response from Peak and/or their web retailer (CPF name = DumDum or something). They really just don't seem to care.

Arm and Leg

Banned

I wish the best of luck with Peak. If you are American, there may be the slight chance that Peak will respond to you. If you live anywhere else, forget about it. I gave up trying to get a response from Peak and/or their web retailer (CPF name = DumDum or something). They really just don't seem to care.
I live in America, does that count? :p

Very bad business practices...

MojaveMoon07

Enlightened

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?355147-Peak-Email

posted by RobynS on 02-12-2013, 05:49 PM

Hi all..been awhile since I have visited ...so sorry.. a lot going on. We have had some horrible email issues of late..I think I have finally resolved the issues..please be patient as I now field through 500+ emails..argh! Trust me I will address every question ..
Best regards - Robyn

MojaveMoon07

Enlightened

I received very prompt, clear, and thorough communication and service from the folks at oveready.com regarding the Peak flashlights and parts that they sell.

shrug.gif
If you were to explain to Oveready that all methods of communication with peakledsolutions.net and em-mgt.com/LED/Peak.html
over a reasonable period of time have not been fruitful, then maybe Oveready could help you.

diablo266

Newly Enlightened

This post has me a bit worried, i placed an order for an eiger ultra X CRI from peak 2 days ago and have not received any kind of confirmation or shipment notification. I would have ordered from rmsk or oveready but neither sold the light in the pocket length. Should i get a hold of my credit card company tomorrow and dispute the charge? I'm not willing to wait months, honestly i'm not willing to even wait a week for it to ship, anything more than 2 days is unacceptable from any online retailer.

gravelmonkey

Enlightened

No problems here what-so-ever (after I discovered Robyn's emails were ending up in my spam folder!).

Blue72

Flashlight Enthusiast

This has been going on for years, its time for CPF to remove the peak forum.

Allowing peak to treat their customers like this year after year is a bad reflection on CPF

Lumenz

Enlightened

I agree with dd61999. I think the lights are fantastic; I always have one of their QTC lights on me. However, the company is horrible. If not for Oveready, I would not be buying any of their lights.

fyrstormer

Banned

Peak is primarily a machine shop. There have been signs for a while that they really want to get away from direct end-user interaction, hence why they're selling lights through vendors now. If you absolutely must contact them, use the phone.

Blue72

Flashlight Enthusiast

Sorry I have to disagree

they still take orders from their website and contacting them by phone does not provide much better service.

I am a fan of their products, but its not fair for CPF members the frustration they encounter when dealing with peak.

this isn't an isolated incident, it happens repeatedly and has been going on for years.

It is time to hold Peak accountable for their actions. Maybe, just maybe they will finally end the bad business practices that have frustrated many CPF members over the years.

If I treated my customers the way Peak treated its customers, I would have been out of business years ago. I think the only reason people put up with their crap, is because they offer a unique product that other flashlight companies do not offer.

I hope CPF removes this forum to protect other members

Blue72

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF should consider removing the Peak LED forum

Dealing with them has been horrible for many many CPF members and has been going on for years!

many topics on the forum are related to those issues.

I think it's important to protect CPF members from companies that abuse their privilege being on CPF and it gives CPF a bad image.

how many times do we have to read threads about no responses for months at a time from Peak, regarding purchases made with them, before we start holding them accountable for their actions?

I would appreciate any assistance from the administrators to tell Peak, enough is enough. Either step up to the plate or remove the forum.

my honest opinion, they have been given to many chances in the past and the forum should be removed. But that's for CPF to decide

Admin note: This post has been moved here, because it doesn't belong in the Questions/Problems/Suggestions forum. Please confine your personal rants to a smaller area of disturbance, rather than trying to make an all point bulletin directed at the entire membership. - Empath

Last edited by a moderator:

Curt R

Enlightened
Re: CPF should consider removing the Peak LED forum

When we had six or seven employees I could take the time to talk to customers and I enjoyed the conversations. The great majority of our machine shop customers have gone out of business except for two. No machine shop customers equals no employees and no spare time to answer questions over the phone as I have to do machining, soldering, designing and some assembly of the flashlights. Robyn is also constantly trapped in one corner of the assembly room with her epoxy and arbor-presses doing assembly and then packaging and shipping.

Quite often some of the questions I would answer have been covered here, (CPF), or on the information page on Bob Kastan's dealer web site. And many of the questions such as, (What is the difference between Candlepower and Lumens?), are covered in many different sources. I just do not have the time to answer such questions. Nor do I want to be rude to a caller with those type of questions which can sometimes take up to an hour to answer multiple simple questions.

I also have not been of this forum for the last year and a half also do to the lack of time. If you have a question about something relevant use the e-mail for those. ([email protected]) I will also try to make time to visit this forum more.

Curt

Costetl

Newly Enlightened
Wtf are u all talking about?!?! This kinda stuff really makes me more than mad. Peak lights are of the highest quality out there! FYI.. Peak is not google, they don't have 10,000 employees and a phone support team.

If u are really having that much of a hard time reaching them, contact me. And I will get your questions cleared up.

| Sent from my iPhone 4S |

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.