Stolen!

Wyeast

Enlightened
Well, it finally happened. Had a light stolen. I loaned my MagLED 3AA to a friend for work... some @#%@$ swiped it off his desk today. Sad thing is it's not even a very big office. No honor among co-workers I guess.

Who the heck does that? There should be a special place in hell for them... a cold dark place... :scowl:

Sorry, just had to vent.

eebowler

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been trying to understand why people (co-workers) steal as well but, it's still a mystery... I'm actually happy to say that I don't understand how they think..

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sometimes they are just borrowed by a inconsiderate co-worker who didn't wish or think to ask first. Perhaps it will be returned.

souptree

Flashlight Enthusiast
Put up FRIENDLY notes requesting that the person who BORROWED your light return it. Catch flies with honey, you know.

A friend of mine had her KEYS stolen out of her office bathroom two weeks ago. Who would do that?? Nice note went up, and a week later the keys mysteriously reappeared in the same bathroom!

Good luck!

z96Cobra

Enlightened
Who the heck does that? There should be a special place in hell for them... a cold dark place... :scowl:

Don't know about "cold", but how about an Extra/Supreme/Extremely/Hotter than anywhere else in Hell, spot. :nana: I think we should chop off a hand each time someone steals something. The only problem with that is, in the USA we would then have to supply the thief with a government paid "caregiver" to feed and wipe them...

Roger

mikehill

Enlightened
I know how you feel. You go through life a good guy with real morals ... it would never occur to you to steal from anyone. Then it happens to you :huh:
Suddenly it seems you can't trust anyone .... never fear though my friend, nearly all others are the same as you. Totally trustworthy. Only a tiny minority are total scum.
Put it down to experience but don't let it taint your trust in future ... it probably will never happen again :thumbsup: Oh ... and look at what fun you will have in buying a new flashlight :)

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sometimes when you get burned, you gotta think of the good things that happen to you due to the generosity of others. Not too long ago, I had my credit card loose in my pocket and it dropped out unknowing to me in my condo parking lot. Fortunately I found out relatively quickly and had the card canceled as the reason it was loose in my pocket is because I was driving somewhere to use it but the next day my condo neighbor returned it to me, saying he had found it in the parking lot.

It's hard for me to do but you gotta think the glass is half full and there are certainly more people in the world who are willing to help then are willing to screw you over.

P.S. The friendly notes idea asking if somebody borrowed it is a good idea because as I said, that is possibly what might have happened.

o0o

Enlightened
Someone probably thought it was just a company issued light and "borrowed" it (likely forgetting to ever return it).

In some offices, directors/managers think its their god given right to borrow subordinate's stuff off their cubicle without asking.

I agree with the suggestion earlier in this thread, write a nice note asking whoever "borrowed' your light to return it.

Its never a good idea to leave anything you value at your cubicle or desk... there are always going to be inconsiderate co-workers that will permanently "borrow" your stuff, or flat our intentionally steal it.

Last edited:

greenstuffs

Banned
Its sad the other day i've dropped my wallet when running to class because i was late for a test, i got this call from a lady saying that she has my wallet and she dropped it at the administration office. I got my wallet back and there was my cash ($100) and all my stuff. But its sad that these things happen.