Storage for Flashlights?

Zeva

Newly Enlightened
hello! so ever since i joined this forum ive bought 15 or so flashlights... XD and i was wondering how do you guys store them? i know some use pelican /otter boxes those seem like a good soluction for protection but theyre pretty pricey :( i dont want to have my flashlights lying around! any ideas would be great! thanks a bunch!:twothumbs

OfficerCamp

Enlightened
Depending on the price/quality of the lights, you may want to invest in a cheapish safe. You can store the lights in individual bags (cotton?) to protect the finish (if you're into that kind of thing). I don't have too many lights, so I just devote a desk drawer to my lights/batts/chargers. Most of them I use for work, so I just toss them in.
Look into the Pelican boxes too, they are a little expensive, but you just need one large one, and you can cut the foam to fit all of your lights and stack them. You can probably fit a whole bunch of 2x123 size lights on one box.

Polklifer

Newly Enlightened
Save your money and buy yourself a Pelican 1510 with foam. It will cost you about as much as a real nice flashlight but it will last forever and keep your lights like new. It's got wheels too!

Magic Matt

Enlightened
My flashlights and astronomy eyepieces etc. live in a photographic bag, with some divisions I made by covering thick card in black material. It was cheap, lightweight, and does the job. The most expensive pieces of kit live in a cheap flight case with the foam cut to the size and shape required.

I think most people's solutions are really dictated by where they want the flashlights to be, and how accessible. Padding and divisions are easy to make for a perfect fit in whatever case you have.

Zeva

Newly Enlightened
Does there happen to be knock off pelican cases? xD

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
The one's that aren't scattered around rest in a couple tool box drawers. I tried using boxes, but was continually running out of space. Besides, when they're in a box they're not so easily available. I like to keep my toys handy.

Geoff

Conte

Enlightened
Why would you want to hide them away in a case for ? :confused:

When not in use for extended periods of time, they belong on display, on a nice shelf. :grin2:

computernut

Enlightened
My aim is to eventually get a large Pelican case but in the meanwhile I picked up a Plano 6103 Link I think it cost me $15CDN at Walmart. I can fit about 14 2-cell lights, about 6 single cell lights, plus I even managed to get my G3 to fit in one of the slots. I don't have many single cell lights so I put in a bunch of LF lamps in the top tray. I put batteries and holsters in the bottom storage too. The longest 2-cell light that will fit is a 2AA mini-mag. I like it because it keeps the lights from bouncing off each other and I have most of my stuff in one spot.

Magic Matt

Enlightened
Suggestion from the girlfriend... "If they're so amazingly lightweight and pretty, why don't you just put pins in the ceiling and hang them all down. You could have them all on then and do away with the main light."

Would it be wrong to say that if I had enough flashlights, I probably would?
:crackup:

bogeymachine

Newly Enlightened
the cheapest pistol cases I can find - hard side with foam

parts go into fishing tackle trays - plastic snap lid, adjustable compartments

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
For the flashlights that are shelf queens I keep them in their original boxes on shelves of course. The lights that I use I keep them in their holsters and my EDC E2e I keep in my coat pocket. I would really not have any use for the Pelican type cases.

swampgator

Enlightened
When not in use for extended periods of time, they belong on display, on a nice shelf.

Yep, nothing wrong with storing on a shelf.

I'm going to make a rack to store all my mags. I'm thinking a nice wood, cherry probably, as wide as my bookshelf and mounted on the side.