Story of my EDC Saber 1A and sc52

holylight

Enlightened
yjujunej.jpg

My 3 EDC which I love a lot. This photo was taken yesterday.

When I saw my newly arrived 14500 today at the mailbox. I was delighted, and wanted to try these 14500 on my Saber 1A. My previous 14500 could not enter the tube of the flashlight because the case of Saber 1A was designed to be a slim type.

ymemu2um.jpg

I use some force to get the 14500 in. By the time I knew It was going to be stuck it was too late. I tried getting it out with a pliers but with no luck. After which I try to use a metal string like material to go through the holes of the button head of the 14500 to pull out the battery. To make things worse the 14500s button head drop off.

(Take note when I try to pull out the battery using metal string that was connected through the holes of the button head, I could see spark when the metal string got connection with the flashlight case. luckily I was wearing rubble groves at that time. Cannot imagine what was the outcome if the 14500 cause electrical shock injury to me without wearing rubber groves )

I knew I have to do something if I wanted to carry my EDC attached to my bunch of keys like the usually way I carry it. Due to the fact that if I was to attached my flashlight without any protection to it, the case of the light or even worst the lens scratched. I got an idea and went to my drawer where all my flashlight staff are kept to find any holster that could fit the sc52.

ge4agysu.jpg

I found this holster that can fit the sc52

zuryje6u.jpg

I inserted sc52 into the hole from the bottom hole of the holster

zy2ebugu.jpg

Perfect! Now my newly protected flashlight that can put together with my bunch of keys and into my jeans. And now I can throw all my other staff into either pockets without having to remind myself which pocket my staff cannot be put into so as to not scratch my beloved sc52.

gavubuju.jpg

I still can store the lights locked out at the tail cap easily, and unlock it easily when I need to use it.

mepuqu8a.jpg

I am still amazed by sc52 control features and the feel of it in my hand (now most of the time it will be in the holster, but I am sure I will take it off the holster and feel it in my hands once in a while :D).

Last edited:

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Did you get the battery out of the Saber??? I suggest Elmer 2part epoxy a peace of metal or rope to the 14500, wait 20 min and pull out the cell

holylight

Enlightened
Got a replacement tube from thrunite hk for $5 inclusive of shipping fees.
Good and prompt service from thrunite hk.