Streamlight 4AA ProPolymer Xenon Now Available with click switch

Wolfen

Flashlight Enthusiast
This isn't a question. I'm just frustrated that Streamlight doesn't use the clickie switch for the Xenon version of the 4AA ProPolymer.

I've gotten very used to the switch on my 7 LED ProPolymers. And I would love to have a Xenon version with a clickie.
frown.gif

Ratso

Enlightened
I think they would save big $$$ if they used the same bodies. The switch should be like the original (Xenon), but clickie.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I "think" someone posted that the heads weren't interchangeable although from looking at pictures, it looks like it.

Ratso

Enlightened
The new Pro Polymer flashlights are on the Streamlight website now. It looks like the 4AA Xenon has a push button clickie switch now. Actually upon closer reading it appears that all of them are now swtiched to push button clickie switch! Also, is that a new partialy stipled reflector I see on the Xenon version?
smile.gif

Streamlight New ProPolymer Flashlights

Empath

Flashaholic
The xenon models already had a push button switch, but it's only momentary. Constant on is by twisting the bezel.

Ratso

Enlightened
Quote from Streamlight Website:
"You just won't find a more easy to use flashlight because Streamlight's 4AA is ergonomically shaped for your hand and offers push-button switching for one-handed operation (no two-handed head twisting required). The 4AA has a run time of up to 4 hours of continuous use"

Empath

Flashaholic
I hope you're right, but it also says regarding the 3C LED "Push-button switching allows one-handed operation". I assure you, the 3C only allows a momentary one-handed operation. My 4AA xenon, which admittedly is a few months old has a momentary tail switch.

As I said I hope you're right. I'd prefer a click switch.

Wolfen

Flashlight Enthusiast
I checked the website again. Under specifications it lists the Xenon PoPolymer 4AA light as having
"Waterproof to 200 feet; Dual switches (head and tailcap); Non-conductive and corrosion proof."

I emailed Streamlight and asked if the switch has been changed.

Wolfen

Flashlight Enthusiast
I recieved a reply from Streamlight

"Yes, the new 4AA has a click on/off switch instead of the momentary switch."

Off to Brightguy
smile.gif

Ratso

Enlightened
I would wait a while, for them to sell all the old models first. I wounder how the beam is on the new version. The reflector looks funny.

brightnorm

Flashaholic
Originally posted by webley445:
Can you just swith out the heads?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">The heads are not interchangeable. I verified that just now with my two lights. I agree that the LED version should be at least as small as the xenon, and that the LED's original switch was an ergonomic nightmare.

Brightnorm

4x4Dragon

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
brightnorm said:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by webley445:
<strong>Can you just swith out the heads?</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">The heads are not interchangeable. I verified that just now with my two lights. I agree that the LED version should be at least as small as the xenon, and that the LED's original switch was an ergonomic nightmare.

Brightnorm

[/ QUOTE ]

I called to Greg/Craig???? at brightguy.com and he said that they are now interchangeable due to the new version Xenon. What got me wondering about this again was the fact that the 7led lamp assembly is listed as an accessory under the Xenon version.

Hopefully I will get a new Xenon version soon to verify or maybe someone will beat me to it so that they can verify and I could just get the Xenon assembly.(i've got the Led version light already)

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is the reflector fauceted? I bought one probably about three years ago and it had a smooth reflector and a quite ringy beam. The PT Tech 40 was much more impressive.

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast
MY 6 month old 4AA has a smooth reflector, but a nice smooth round beam. Has the clickie.

My 6 month old 3C has a partially faceted reflector, and is ringy as can be. Has the clickie.

Go figure.

Latest posts