Streamlight HL-X with pocket clip questions...

PastorGman

Newly Enlightened
I just picked up a Streamlight HL-X from a guy on Facebook Marketplace for a decent price. It is the version with the pocket clip. I have two questions that hopefully somebody can answer here.
1) If I remove the clip (removed by taking out two small screws) can I just reinsert the screws and still keep it water-resistant or should I fill the screws with some other material?
2) This model did not come with remote switch to mount on "home protection device" but I did purchase a M-Lok mounting device to secure it in. Is there a remote switch that will work with this flashlight? Streamlight has some for their mounted version of the flashlight but not sure if it will work...FYI the one I have is the Tencap version, too. I appreciate all responses that can give me some answers to these questions. Thanks.

aznsx

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just picked up a Streamlight HL-X from a guy on Facebook Marketplace for a decent price. It is the version with the pocket clip. I have two questions that hopefully somebody can answer here.
1) If I remove the clip (removed by taking out two small screws) can I just reinsert the screws and still keep it water-resistant or should I fill the screws with some other material?
2) This model did not come with remote switch to mount on "home protection device" but I did purchase a M-Lok mounting device to secure it in. Is there a remote switch that will work with this flashlight? Streamlight has some for their mounted version of the flashlight but not sure if it will work...FYI the one I have is the Tencap version, too. I appreciate all responses that can give me some answers to these questions. Thanks.

I don't know, and didn't come up with an answer when I looked around either. Hate to say it, but it's starting to look like the answer to your question (#2) might have to come from Streamlight Support. Regarding #1, it's possible that simply reinstalling the clip screws with non-permanent LocTite, Teflon tape, or other thread sealer would be good enough for water resistance(?).

Last edited:

PastorGman

Newly Enlightened
I don't know, and didn't come up with an answer when I looked around either. Hate to say it, but it's starting to look like the answer to your question (#2) might have to come from Streamlight Support. Regarding #1, it's possible that simply reinstalling the clip screws with non-permanent LocTite, Teflon tape, or other thread sealer would be good enough for water resistance(?).
I thought the same thing. I will call them after 4th of July holiday. Thanks.