Streamlight TLR1vn - Compact Rifle Thrower

Wurkkos

Alex1234

Flashlight Enthusiast
is this your first Streamlight release? whats the throw. thats a nice reflector. i could put that on my AEG airsoft m4

lampeDépêche

Flashlight Enthusiast
Man, I'm really liking the reflector on that.

I see that the stock lux is 48kcd, and I wonder....

Could the Vinh version of this be the first TPT100? The Truly Pocketable Thrower that tops 100kcd?

With a PDT XPG in there, it will surely be at least 70-80kcd.

Stock takes 2x123. Any chance of an 18650?

lampeDépêche

Flashlight Enthusiast
Okay, I watched the video on this one.

Awesome beam, and easily clears 100k. However, the form-factor is all wrong for pocketing. The mounting for rails makes it too square, plus the switch is also all wrong for being in the pocket--every time you move it would turn on.

So this is an excellent rifle light, but not the pocketable thrower I am looking for.

Now, if someone can mate that reflector and emitter with a compact 18650 body....

RyanA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Okay, I watched the video on this one.

Awesome beam, and easily clears 100k. However, the form-factor is all wrong for pocketing. The mounting for rails makes it too square, plus the switch is also all wrong for being in the pocket--every time you move it would turn on.

So this is an excellent rifle light, but not the pocketable thrower I am looking for.

Now, if someone can mate that reflector and emitter with a compact 18650 body....

Check out the Strion HPL. The TLR-1 HPL is pretty much the weaponlight version of that light.

Capolini

Banned
Looks like a nice light,,,their factory is in Eagleville.PA. Seven miles from my house.

Most of the local Police forces use their lights. A cop told me they can just go to the factory and get it fixed on the spot and if that can not be done they just give them another light[loaner] until it is fixed.

texas cop

Enlightened
Streamlight makes them cheaper than Surefire. The quality level is the same. With my department these are the only two lights that made the grade for pistol mounting. My agency leaves it to the officers discretion if they want one and which. Never heard of either failing in my agency or with those around us. My choice is the Streamlight TRL-1 HL. With a well defined hot spot you get a good idea of where the bullet impacts.

Last edited:

Alex1234

Flashlight Enthusiast
Streamlight makes them cheaper than Surefire. The quality level is the same. With my department these are the only two lights that made the grade for pistol mounting. My agency leaves it to the officers discretion if they want one and which. Never heard of either failing in my agency or with those around us. My choice is the Streamlight TRL-1 HP. With a well defined hot spot you get a good idea of where the bullet impacts.
I thing think this a perfect choise for a pistol.
Vinhs version has double the throw so you would see where the bullet hits that much more. Also reliability will be improved with Vinhs version as he usually touches up poor solder connections and what not. You get the cheaper price with streamlight with the reliability of vinhs mods which imo make it Superior to over priced surefire not to mention 3 times the performance over surefire

ProCharger

Enlightened
I thing think this a perfect choise for a pistol.
Vinhs version has double the throw so you would see where the bullet hits that much more. Also reliability will be improved with Vinhs version as he usually touches up poor solder connections and what not. You get the cheaper price with streamlight with the reliability of vinhs mods which imo make it Superior to over priced surefire not to mention 3 times the performance over surefire

I would not run this version on a handgun. The reflector is taller than the rail itself and the light must be mounted where the bell on the reflector must clear the frame, putting it in the far forward position. On something like a 5" 1911 the light would be far out of reach.

Would absolutely love this light on my avatar picture though...I have been looking at the TLR-1 HL a lot lately but the extra throw on this light would compliment the extra "throw" of a rifle. As you said, great value over the surefire's (which I own as well) though.

Edit: I should rephrase, I would take into consideration the firearm I planned on running the light on before using. On a subcompact or compact there should be no issue. I am not sure you will find a holster though designed for the larger reflector TLR's.

Last edited:

RyanA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just got it today! This thing is totally crazy! Puts my old TLR-HP to shame. Thank you Vinh.

is this your first Streamlight release? whats the throw. thats a nice reflector. i could put that on my AEG airsoft m4

Exactly what I'm doing with mine. Going right onto my Fusion Engine or 4.3 next game!

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just got it today! This thing is totally crazy! Puts my old TLR-HP to shame. Thank you Vinh.

Exactly what I'm doing with mine. Going right onto my Fusion Engine or 4.3 next game!

Can u compare with the soda can? Photo would be great. Thanks

Latest posts