Streamlight Ultrastinger Incan - Still a winner!

sween1911

Flashlight Enthusiast
Last night, me and my son were roughhousing. It got heated, and he threw a rubber ball at me. It hit me in a... very sensitive area. After recovering, I took the ball away and threw it out in the backyard. The cold, dark, backyard. He got upset and wanted help to go find it.

For some background, there's a great scene in "Night At The Museum 2" where Ben Stiller and Jonah Hill square off. Jonah Hill plays a security guard armed with a Streamlight Ultrastinger. My son loves that scene and thought the light was cool, so I scored one for him from the 'bay. It sits in his room. So last night I said "Get your Ultrastinger and go get it! Watch out, I think I saw some gleaming eyes looking hungry in the bushes!" which my wife didn't think was funny.

He went out there and I turned the flashlight on and adjusted the beam and lit up the ball perfectly in the grass from our back door way out in the dark backyard. A dark blue rubber ball the size of a baseball in the leaves and grass maybe 20-30 yards away in the dark and it was instantly identifiable. I gotta say, that light is still a thrower and the color rendition from a powerful incan can't be beat. Not even fully charged all the time, the light did the job and them some. Those old school incans still have punch where it counts.

Last edited:

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ya I've got two. They're great lights. Used one the other day. I have not been able to find an object far enough away yet that I can't light up with it

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
The beauty of those old incan cop lights is they can light up an object farther away than my tired eyes can focus on.
Is that a possum or cat way off in the distance? Got me. Is that my kids missing foitball 100 yards in the distance? I dunno, could be.
Yet they've always provided plenty of spill to keep me from tripping over tree roots as I go find out.

The reason I stopped "depending" on an incan light is because the old bulb may poof at a time.