Street and parking lot lighting

archimedes

Moderator,
Staff member
CPF Supporter
Hey Red, this topic would generally go in Fixed Lighting instead of Transportation Lighting.

I'd move it for you, unless you (or the Transportation mods) feel strongly otherwise.

Please let me know.

RedLED

Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D
I was not sure where to post this, I thought since it involves transportation, this would be the place. It seemed the fixed lighting was more consumer and residential. I did think about it, and decided to go here.

I will leave it up to you, and the transportation guy's to decide.

Thanks,

RedLED

Alaric Darconville

Staff member
It's a combination of the two. They are fixed lighting, but they present benefits AND drawbacks where traffic is concerned.

Streetlights can be problematic in certain traffic situations; it would be nice if they were less intense, and tended less towards blue. They'd also contribute less to light pollution if they had a much warmer color.

RedLED

Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D
I lived in London, with my family years ago, and the street lights were the yellow sodium lights, and the were awful. The color of the Fire Brigade trucks shifted way, way off. Back here I don't like the cool or orange tint lights, the neutral seem much better.

This forum has some real professional people here, and I would like to hear from them.

Thanks,

Best,

RedLED