{{ Stuff that just works }}

Poppy

Flashaholic
Thermostatically controlled attic fan.

If your house doesn't have a ridge vent, it is often under ventilated. A thermostatically controlled attic fan in our house is a life saver.

Poppy

Flashaholic
Whole house fan that draws air in through windows and exhausts through the attic work well also
Yes, our attic fan is, I guess, a whole house fan, in that it is 36 inches in diameter.

A couple of times last year, the temps in the house climbed up, and the temps outside dropped. I turned the attic fan on, and lowered the trap door stairs to the attic. I then opened some windows, and it cooled the house remarkably quickly.

A few of us have seasonal allergies. Sucking in that pollen laden air is not in our best interests. I guess we'll just run the central AC as needed.

ilikeguns40

Enlightened
Malkoff MDC, Knipex 5 inch pliers, countycomm Ti prybar. I always carry these tools. Sometimes switch between 4 inch and these 5 inch knipex. Ti pry bar is only $10, I’ve used it so much and it definitely saved me plenty of trips in and out of crawl spaces and attics
IMG_8598.jpeg

Chauncey Gardiner

Flashaholic
These just work -

61lkQ5iys8L._AC_SL1000_.jpg

They're hardwired and fastened to an existing single-gang box. Unlike the plug-in ones that always fall off the wall.

But for my application, they weren't $ practical $.

IMG_4254.jpeg

Nevertheless, they did inspire an upgrade.

IMG_4255.jpeg

Replacing two single-gang receptacles with two double-gang receptacles was less than half the price of one of these - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003AULO70/?tag=cpf0b6-20

Nevertheless, if your box is in the wall, the plug-and-play just works. 👍 👍

IMG_4259.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_4259.jpeg
    IMG_4259.jpeg
    417.9 KB · Views: 25

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

We all love to use our power tools, gas/electric/nuclear
but there are times & situations when a good 'pair' of loppers is the best tool for the job.

2-stoke brush cutter
cordless hedger
brushless mower
brushless compact recip saw
brushless chainsaw (16" full size)
alot with my loppers
shovels & rake
basic broom
& my hands

..still have tons to do😱

btw, my brushless chainsaw was the third brushless tool I purchased years ago, what it lacks in chain speed it makes up for in torque,
you'd be surprised on what I'v cut with mine.

edit: this is my chainsaw

Last edited:

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

uni-ball Rollerball pens

Few weeks ago I was looking for a pen by my computer, couldn't find one, unbelievable.
the single most available product on the planet & I seem to only have one from 1998 without a cap.
Enough's enough!

Remembered using Rollerball pens years ago & they wrote smoothly..
so ordered up a 12 pack of Vision Elite uni-ball (.8mm) pens & are they fantastic,, just a joy to write with.
Got them on sale for under $2 each & they are so worth it.

Being left handed with terrible handwriting, a decent pen is a must.
+

Pardon quoting myself,
but you can get these pens for $13.00 with subscription on Amazon,, that's just a don't pass up deal!!

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Either by experimentation or finding out the orientation of the chain oil orifice, one can store the chainsaw ‘sideways’ so that the port is above the level of the chain oil. Knowing when you are going to stop working, and having the chain oil reservoir with less lubricant can also help.

Using an electric chainsaw and string trimmer is so much less hassle. The power these days is impressive. The cost is totally worth it.

Chauncey Gardiner

Flashaholic
Either by experimentation or finding out the orientation of the chain oil orifice, one can store the chainsaw ‘sideways’ so that the port is above the level of the chain oil. Knowing when you are going to stop working, and having the chain oil reservoir with less lubricant can also help.
Been there. Done that. Nope!

Using an electric chainsaw and string trimmer is so much less hassle. The power these days is impressive. The cost is totally worth it.
Yep. I totally agree. Although, I still prefer and need my petrol-powered string trimmer to edge. I just can't get the hang of using my electric due to the weight of the motor at the end of the shaft and the motor blocking the view of what needs trimming.

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmm, since putting my battery Stihl chainsaw bar up it seems to no longer be an issue, though it is always stored with considerably less than half full bar oil reservoir.

Chauncey Gardiner

Flashaholic

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
WOW! That's a great deal. Thanks so much for the heads-up. 👍 👍
+

Thought of how much you do meticulous landscaping,, I use mine mainly for yard work, just fantastic.
Perfect tool for the job in certain situations ///

Went though a carbide blade this Spring, that's alot of cutting.
btw, the brushless compact recip have low amp draw, so that battery on the package deal is rather perfect,
being a bit smaller in size.

Latest posts