sub lumen night hiking!

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i love to hike with my zebra light on its lowest level. i go way out in the woods so i dont distured anyone. tonight was the first night i had a issue ina while i triped over a root. its amazeing how human eyes can adapt to low light.btw is there something i can eat to even get better night vision?

Splitrail

Newly Enlightened
What is the "lowest level"?
I also like minimal lumen options, indoors and out.
For many things, there's too much "race for space" going on.

Splitrail

Newly Enlightened
i love to hike with my zebra light on its lowest level. i go way out in the woods so i dont distured anyone. tonight was the first night i had a issue ina while i triped over a root. its amazeing how human eyes can adapt to low light.btw is there something i can eat to even get better night vision?
carrots, I am told.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
btw if you do it becareful . and for me anyways i have to sit still with no lights on for 15 minutes or so then i guess my eyes adjust

Splitrail

Newly Enlightened
its like 1 tenth of a lumen.
Thanks!
the lowest lumen light I have is a 1 lumen at low.
way too bright for woods and hallway navigation.
I'm interested in more lower lumen choices.
I'd be interested in more make/model suggestions.
I don't guess they are very popular, or in very high demand, but
I'd be interested to know otherwise.

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Avoid getting worse night vision by eliminating anything that is not a health food. Anything that is not a health food will cause increased risk for diabetes, macular degeneration, glaucoma, hypertension, and elevated fat and sodium levels that will make your vision worse.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
ironicaly i just checked my blood sugar the other day it was 105 if i recall. but man im a wimp i was terrfied to poke my finger lol

Olumin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Avoid getting worse night vision by eliminating anything that is not a health food. Anything that is not a health food will cause increased risk for diabetes, macular degeneration, glaucoma, hypertension, and elevated fat and sodium levels that will make your vision worse.
D2E54441-B1FD-4D50-90BE-663055C3788E.jpeg

raggie33

*the raggedier*
omg i miss graefruit grandmom had a huge tree in back yard it was so great it made enough for most on are street but then the state or city came and chopped it down if i recall i forgot why

Empath

Flashaholic
It's been almost twenty years, but this was my moonlight walking light using an altered reflector. I'm a fan of sub-lumen illumination.

Jean-Luc Descarte

Enlightened
It really sounds more unfeasible than it actually is, as long as you stay far away from streetlights. We had a huge storm-induced blackout because of a haboob last week, and even at 3PM it was so incredibly dark outside from dust, ash, clouds and precipitation) that I could light up a whole (small) parking lot at the back of my workplace with 10 lumens off a Tool AA 2.0 (loaded with a 14500, so lowest mode) before the lamppost kicked on.

I don't dare try it where I live, but it's very possible.

chip100t

Enlightened
You lot are braver than me. I live near a series of small (compared to the big country you are lucky enough to have) ancient woods. I used to do a lot of mountainbiking and tried night riding around them with one very bright bar mounted light and another bright one on my helmet. But I soon stopped as it scared the life out of me. The whole time I expected to be confronted by either a ghost, werewolf or homicidal maniac. I know the first two don't exist and the third is very rare but I could not shake the fear.