HDS Suggestions for HDS Part Deux...

desert.snake

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF Supporter
If ever the head light is ready with two types of beams, then there is a proposal for diodes for low beam lighting - Seoul Sunlike. Today I looked again tests, very good - http://budgetlightforum.com/node/71790 . But he needs 6 volts, I guess over time there will be versions for 3 volts and then it will be very good for the eyes. Like CREE released 3-volt XHP versions.

desert.snake

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF Supporter
If ever the head light is ready with two types of beams, then there is a proposal for diodes for low beam lighting - Seoul Sunlike. Today I looked again tests, very good - http://budgetlightforum.com/node/71790 . But he needs 6 volts, I guess over time there will be versions for 3 volts and then it will be very good for the eyes. Like CREE released 3-volt XHP versions.

Very interesting, I looked at the properties, it looks like they have already changed the design and it works at 3 volts.

Page 4 - https://media.digikey.com/pdf/Data ...3030xx9503-00000000-00001_Rev0 3_11-22-18.pdf

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
How bout a new run of gitd reflectors, double beryl yum-yums

I would like to but there isn't a lot of time right now for it. We are putting together the BeCu, then will have to get all the SS put together... We will have to see. They are horribly time intensive.

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
For GTID reflectors a completely new color would be cool. But actually the BeCu and Stainless Steel Lights are more important for all of is I guess.
Maybe this could be a good GTID powder: https://www.artnglow.com/products/daytime-white-white-glow-powder

I can not wait to see the complete working BeCu light, not only parts. Guess the BeCu will ne the coolest special metal HDS...?

Last edited:

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast

thaugen

Enlightened
CPF Supporter
I know this is a totally OCD request, but I would love to see a black stop screw option on the rotary. My new rotary looks amazing with the more matte black finish and a black stop screw would make this thing perfect in my opinion.

thaugen

Enlightened
CPF Supporter
NO advantage whatsoever, unless making an already cool light even more cool is an advantage...

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Intrinsically safe... so you won't blow up in an explosive environment if you drop it (i.e. won't spark if you drop it).
Kills germs dead.
Much stronger than aluminum.
But mostly, it is just cool as hell and no one has made a production light out of BeCu before. Plain copper is so 2018.

Edit to add: and the patina is killer.

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
It’s funny to watch a machinist face when you ask them to work with BeCu so there’s that as well. [emoji16]

RCS1300

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is there any real advantage of the becu other than being just so cool?

The biggest advantage is no spark. Especially important if you are operating in highly flammable environments - like repairing gas lines for household dryers or repairing gasoline tanks in cars or working in industrial areas with highly flammable vapors.

Some say aluminum, although spark resistant, may cause a spark as aluminum typically contains a small percentage of ferric material by weight.

I would jump on one of these lights but I only work in highly flammable vapor environments for a few hours about once every 5 years. Still might jump on one of these.

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
At least I pre-ordered a BeCu because it is looking cool. If the patina is also great... than it is even better.

My Bronze HDS has still no patina, looks like Hogo sent it to me 3 days ago. Maybe I will leave the Bronze HDS alone on the garden for the winter and see what happens than....!?

I can not wait until my BeCu is here. The picture that Hogo was doing from the BeCu parts are really tempting. I am really totally excited.

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can force a patina on that bronze if you really want that old used up look. It’ll clean right off as well if you want to shine it back up. Several ways to do it

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I habe time. At some point the Bronze Patina will come. I know that it is possible to speed it up. But that is not what I want. I also like the nice and shiny bronze. Therefore I am happy at all.

redryder

Enlightened
The biggest advantage is no spark. Especially important if you are operating in highly flammable environments - like repairing gas lines for household dryers or repairing gasoline tanks in cars or working in industrial areas with highly flammable vapors.

Some say aluminum, although spark resistant, may cause a spark as aluminum typically contains a small percentage of ferric material by weight.

I would jump on one of these lights but I only work in highly flammable vapor environments for a few hours about once every 5 years. Still might jump on one of these.

Not that it's important to me, but is there anything inside a Rotary(ie the Rotary mechanism, electronics, etc) that could ignite a flammable vapor.