• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Suggestions for HDS Part Deux...

desert.snake

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think it is necessary to return the design of the clip as on Novatac, or at least increase the nose.

Reasons 2:

1) The old version holds better on clothes because of the larger area of the contact pad. Area is ~2 times larger.

2) A big nose does not tear clothes. A little and low nose rips clothes.

Last edited:

usdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast
After a little chat the idea of the clip has come to mind for the rotary and I think I may have a doable solution without drilling holes into the body or tail cap and this is for bezel down carry but need to speak to HDS

usdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast
That'll be for me to know and keep you guys in suspense but not Velcro. I didn't even think about Velcro cause it's too flexible, too much give, and just simply wouldn't work in this case.

And I might even surprise you arch [emoji23]

If I actually had the software to draw the picture that's in my head I d share it and while I ve developed an alternative carry rig for various edc gear (and yes HDS and other lights in Henry's arsenal) there's another thought that involves a machine shop, titanium or stainless, and the hardware to make it work.

Being prior Navy Air Dept I like to keep my gear secure and readily available!

Who knows it may not even work or may be impractical but it's definitely doable we just need to figure out how.

usdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes that's the one... I just saw one looks nice but I m spoiled now at 200 lumens and above

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I recently took the LED out of one..
twisty red.jpg

It was interesting, but I decided that I'd never use it. I had a WASP with red secondaries and never used those either.
P

archimedes

Flashaholic
I recently took the LED out of one....
It was interesting, but I decided that I'd never use it. I had a WASP with red secondaries and never used those either.
P

Very cool project, but converting a rare vintage classic always leaves me a twinge wistful ... :mecry:

scout24

Flashaholic
No need to get your coat, imho. Look at Milky's creations, and currently Tana's modifications to irreplaceable Surefire parts. I'd say you're good... 👍😁

Last edited:

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just an idea. The weekend I remembered the good old times when a bright flaschlight hat 200 Lumens.... Than I remembered the 4sevens "Special Editions" of the Nitecore D10 and EX10 with custom anodizing (different colors with different splash):
IMG_0003.jpg

Maybe something is also possible. If I remember correctly Swissbianco made this stuff. Some different color would be cool. He is also in the US.

I know this color stuff with anodizing. But for instance I (or better my wife - I was only paying) have a pink Surefire Titan and Surefire Pen. Both have more than two years between the production of each piece, but the pink color matches 1:1 if you put the pieces together for a compare. Maybe it is an idea.

Latest posts