SunDrop XR-U owners

run4jc

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF Supporter
Thanks, Don. I'd read your posts about the Sundrop and XR-U and knew that I couldn't put a different engine in the Sundrop, but felt pretty sure I swap out the XR-U engine. To me, the Haiku and Haiku XP-Gs are PERFECT and I wouldn't want to swap those light engines!

I'm learning...and it's always great to hear it from the man himself! :thumbsup:

Thanks again

Dan

chaoss

chaoss

Enlightened
CPF Supporter
I just took delivery on this little gem and had a chance to play with it outside.

First impressions are everything and this one does not disappoint.
The flood signature of the beam coupled with the great color rendition is a real winner.

I'm looking forward to utilizing it for BBQ-ing, trips to the mailbox & trash (in alley), doggie walks, camping and whatever else may arise when i will need this type of light.

One particular purpose in ordering this light was to use it for coffee roasting (my profession). I think that the "warm" tint will be very beneficial in determining the color of the beans near the end of the roast and thus help greatly in deciding when to "drop" the roast.

Thanks Don for another great creation :thumbsup:.

SFfanman

SFfanman

Enlightened
I just took delivery on this little gem and had a chance to play with it outside.

First impressions are everything and this one does not disappoint.
The flood signature of the beam coupled with the great color rendition is a real winner.

I'm looking forward to utilizing it for BBQ-ing, trips to the mailbox & trash (in alley), doggie walks, camping and whatever else may arise when i will need this type of light.

One particular purpose in ordering this light was to use it for coffee roasting (my profession). I think that the "warm" tint will be very beneficial in determining the color of the beans near the end of the roast and thus help greatly in deciding when to "drop" the roast.

Thanks Don for another great creation :thumbsup:.

Wow, thanks for sharing with us your specific uses for the XR-U. :popcorn: Always great to hear Mcgizmo's in different applications. Keep us updated with its usage for the others you mentioned. :tinfoil: