Sunwayman R15A vs. Nitecore sens AA (one handed operation)

sunfire

Newly Enlightened
Hi folks!I'm about to buy one of these lights. UI, runtime and power of both are fine for me. So, I don't mind which one is the best.My concern is about how easy is to turn on/off with one hand only. I want the same ease operation as with my Fenix E05.So, my question is: Which of these is more enjoyable, easier, smoother to operate with one hand?If you had any problem with any of these lights, let me know.
Thanks! :thumbsup:

Last edited:

snakyjake

Enlightened
Re: Sunwayman R15A vs. Nitecore sens AA (one hand operation)

I have the Nitecore Sens AA, Thrunite Ti2, and the Jetbeam RRT-01 (Sunwayman has the M11R as an alternative). The Nitecore head is a bit tight for one hand. But regardless, I vastly prefer the magnetic control ring (like volume control on a radio). I will avoid buying a light that requires me to click through output levels or mess around with a UI. The control ring is very intuitive and you can dial the light you want, real time, just like volume knobs. You can also use the control ring for momentary. For most uses, clicking through the UI is archaic. My second choice would be for up/down buttons (like most other appliances). Lights with clickies I reserve for other applications where a the clicky has an advantage.

The Nitecore is extremely small for a AA (width/length), well built, and awesome beam profile for walking. I do like the profile better for pocket carry.

Thrunite Ti is cheaper, smaller, very bright, one handed interface. Not very precise and I do wonder how long the rubber insulator will last. But I got it really cheap, and it has been working for 2 years now, so I have zero complaints.

Jake

sunfire

Newly Enlightened
Re: Sunwayman R15A vs. Nitecore sens AA (one hand operation)

I have the Nitecore Sens AA, Thrunite Ti2, and the Jetbeam RRT-01 (Sunwayman has the M11R as an alternative). The Nitecore head is a bit tight for one hand. But regardless, I vastly prefer the magnetic control ring (like volume control on a radio). I will avoid buying a light that requires me to click through output levels or mess around with a UI. The control ring is very intuitive and you can dial the light you want, real time, just like volume knobs. You can also use the control ring for momentary. For most uses, clicking through the UI is archaic. My second choice would be for up/down buttons (like most other appliances). Lights with clickies I reserve for other applications where a the clicky has an advantage.

The Nitecore is extremely small for a AA (width/length), well built, and awesome beam profile for walking. I do like the profile better for pocket carry.

Thrunite Ti is cheaper, smaller, very bright, one handed interface. Not very precise and I do wonder how long the rubber insulator will last. But I got it really cheap, and it has been working for 2 years now, so I have zero complaints.

Jake
wow... :eek:oo: the RRT-01 and M11R are awesome! Just found the M10A... a little expensive... maybe next time...:drool:
Yeah,I have a nitecore T0, hard w/ one hand.
I like the sens AA bigger head and the R15A lanyard hole type.
I just ordered a titanium clip and a 18mm flat ring and I believe it will fit right with the R15A, without the need of a extra small ring.
Thanks for your help Jake! :thumbsup:

Last edited: