Sunwayman T60CS (3xXM-L, 3x18650) Review: BEAMSHOTS, RUNTIMES, VIDEO and more!

Landshark99

Newly Enlightened
probably a silly question but does the T60Cs get hotter near the switch than the others due to the switch being so high in the head
[h=2][/h]

moldyoldy

Flashlight Enthusiast
probably a silly question but does the T60Cs get hotter near the switch than the others due to the switch being so high in the head

No, not that I have noticed. The entire head warms up roughly equally with no bias for/against the switch area. And the answer to an implied question - I do not notice any significant switching changes as the head heats up. As far as I can determine, heat is distributed fairly quickly down the case to the 18650 cells. As always, the act of observing changes the observed.....

kengps

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've not noticed heat at the switch. The one small complaint I have is it is difficult to find the switch in the dark. With thin gloves you would never identify where it is. Wish there was a little more distinction for the switch recess into the body. Seems to me they could have put it in deeper into a shallow well had the switch been located between reflectors, instead of directly above a reflector. Or maybe a little raised lip around the switch?

kengps

Flashlight Enthusiast
Something I've found that I haven't seen discussed about the UI.....when light is OFF, press/hold will over-ride Memory saved and start on Turbo again.

I am in love with this flashlight! Now if only they could build an "Enthusiast" model. A copper board, and up the power from 800 OTF each LED to about 1100+ OTF. Even if it can run a minute that's fine. As it is now you get a 5 minute Turbo setting that is almost un-noticeable from the normal High setting. I really think the future of super-lights is this 3-18650/ 3 Reflector format. The Technology now is sufficient to give 300 meters of throw, which is fine. I think the Toilet Plunger format will be a small segment of the market in the next few years. I just bought a $57 dollar shipped Skyray for modding. I'll mod my own Super-Turbo Triple for now.

Last edited:

jh333233

Flashlight Enthusiast
Something I've found that I haven't seen discussed about the UI.....when light is OFF, press/hold will over-ride Memory saved and start on Turbo again.

I am in love with this flashlight! Now if only they could build an "Enthusiast" model. A copper board, and up the power from 800 OTF each LED to about 1100+ OTF. Even if it can run a minute that's fine. As it is now you get a 5 minute Turbo setting that is almost un-noticeable from the normal High setting. I really think the future of super-lights is this 3-18650/ 3 Reflector format. The Technology now is sufficient to give 300 meters of throw, which is fine. I think the Toilet Plunger format will be a small segment of the market in the next few years. I just bought a $57 dollar shipped Skyray for modding. I'll mod my own Super-Turbo Triple for now.

All Smart-switch-lights have this function.

BigTriangle

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the review selfbuilt, I got my T60CS this week, it's my first high quality light since I bought a 4d mag light long ago. Makes the Mag light look like a candle.....or a dinosaur.

I got it out of the box, looked in the front at the reflector and said to my self "bugger, no lens in it, must be a factory reject" gave the front a poke and proceed to leave a finger print on the AR coated lens that was so clear I couldn't see it :)

Landshark99

Newly Enlightened
FYI, I went to the hardware store and bought some small clear round vinyl bumpers, they fit perfectly in the center hole at the base, I do not plan on using the charging stand so this works great for me
SUNWAYMANTC60BUTT.jpg

Last edited:

RedBaron

Newly Enlightened
FYI, I went to the hardware store and bought some small clear round vinyl bumpers, they fit perfectly in the center hole at the base, I do not plan on using the charging stand so this works great for me
SUNWAYMANTC60BUTT.jpg

^^^^^^^^^^^ This. Put the sticky sides back-to-back to keep it off the contact and it wedges in the hole nicely, but easy to pry out.

PhatPhil

Newly Enlightened
Great looking light with good blend of throw/spill.

If they release a T6 3C NW tint I'll be ready to pull the trigger

kolbasz

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the review Selfbuilt!

Can we have carpet beamshot that shows us the flood of the lamp, like in the TM11 review?
http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff97/selfbuilt/2011/TM11-CarpetBeam001.jpg

Thanks in advance!

Really like that T60CS, good lamp, good price, except the powerbutton.

I think Sunwayman is struggling with the place and look of the buttons, like at the T40C comparison deleted , it is also an amazing lamp except that button. They need a good button engineer:)

...as for the look 3X xml light the TM11 is still the most beautiful, but it is very expensive and has been a tons of upgrade during the years:(

Last edited by a moderator:

Bwolcott

Enlightened
Thanks for the review Selfbuilt!

Can we have carpet beamshot that shows us the flood of the lamp, like in the TM11 review?
http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff97/selfbuilt/2011/TM11-CarpetBeam001.jpg

Thanks in advance!

Really like that T60CS, good lamp, good price, except the powerbutton.

I think Sunwayman is struggling with the place and look of the buttons, like at the T40C comparison deleted , it is also an amazing lamp except that button. They need a good button engineer:)

...as for the look 3X xml light the TM11 is still the most beautiful, but it is very expensive and has been a tons of upgrade during the years:(

the tm11 is actually the cheapest of the main 3xml lights if you buy from ebay, but I think Sunwaymans quality far exceeds nitecore in my opinion

jh333233

Flashlight Enthusiast
the tm11 is actually the cheapest of the main 3xml lights if you buy from ebay, but I think Sunwaymans quality far exceeds nitecore in my opinion

I got mine from local flashlight store for $125 USD-equivalent (Discounted)

kolbasz

Newly Enlightened

As i know, the T60CS is the cheapest 3xml lamp on the market, on hkequipment the TM11 is 200USD, the TN30 is 230USD, the T60cs is 165USD with discount.

I got mine from local flashlight store for $125 USD-equivalent (Discounted)

Congratulatoin! Can i ask where did you buy the lamp for that price?

Wish The T60CS was produced with Neutral led!

Bwolcott

Enlightened
As i know, the T60CS is the cheapest 3xml lamp on the market, on hkequipment the TM11 is 200USD, the TN30 is 230USD, the T60cs is 165USD with discount.

Congratulatoin! Can i ask where did you buy the lamp for that price?

Wish The T60CS was produced with Neutral led!

whats the discount from hk equip?