Sunwayman V10A (1xAA, XP-G R5, Continuously-Variable) Review: RUNTIMES, BEAMSHOTS+

naked2

Enlightened
Re: Sunwayman V10A (1xAA, XP-G R5, Continuously-Variable); can it be bored?

Curious, what keyword/s did you enter to search? I couldn't come up with anything here or on CPFMP.

NoFair

Flashlight Enthusiast

17500 and V10a did the trick I think:devil:

Cunha

Newly Enlightened

This is sort of a newbie question, but people have mentioned parasitic drain in "standby mode" what exactly does this mean? Will the batteries deplete when they are fully installed in the light and the light is switched off?

selfbuilt

Flashaholic

This is sort of a newbie question, but people have mentioned parasitic drain in "standby mode" what exactly does this mean? Will the batteries deplete when they are fully installed in the light and the light is switched off?
That is what a parasitic drain means, but the V10A doesn't use a standby mode. It has a physical switch for on-off, so there is no drain. A drain is required on electronic switches, because the switch always needs to be drawing a small amount of power to be able to respond to a press.

On lights that have an electronic switch with parasitic drain, the rate of drain can be highly variable - anywhere from a few days to a few decades to drain the cells, depending on the current draw (i.e. how well the circuit is designed). And in most cases, you can break the drain by simply disconnecting the head from the body (so long as threads are anodized). But again, no worries with the V10A - there is no drain when off.