• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sunwayman V11r lens & damping grease for dimming ring

walkngdude

Newly Enlightened
Hi,
I need to replace the lens of my Sunwayman Revolution V11R. While I'm at it I would like to re-pack the dimming ring with dampening grease.

Thanks
Marc

Flucero28

Enlightened
Try flashlightlens.com, they may have a lens the same dimensions. As for the grease, when I used to work on the v10r lights, the thick silicone grease in the plumbing section for faucet repair worked great.

louie

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like the damping from Nyogel 767A damping grease in my V11R. I tried several other lube greases not specifically sold for damping and found them all too loose for my liking. 767A is really expensive and hard to find. I used a place called MicroTools in Calif. You can also find what's called helical grease, typically used for damping camera lens controls as I understand. I don't know how to spec what level of damping you need to look for in the grease. I took a chance on 767A. The stuff is also good on some tonearm cueing mechanisms!

walkngdude

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Flucero and Louie.

For anyone else looking for this:
I measured my lens at:
20.0mm X 1.0mm

The lens I ordered from flashlightlens.com is:
20.0mm X 1.75mm (Don't know if there will be a problem)
UCL™ v3 Lens - AR Coated Borofloat®
Diameter (Tolerance +/-0.13mm) 20.0mm x 1.75mm
$4.00/each

Nyogel 767A at:
is $30 for a 50 gram tube.
And I found it at Amazon for $13 for a 25 Gram jar (8 days shipping):
Nyogel 767A @ Amazon

Thanks again
Marc

Last edited:

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
great info Marc
thanks for sharing the lens and grease you found

another lens option, personal favorite, sapphire 20x1mm for just $7

I agree that Nyogel 767A works really well.. Oveready sells a $15 size

experiment with using a bit extra, to increase the ring resistance. the feel of nyogel 767A is really smooth, highly recommended

here is a thread with pictures showing how to access the control ring for regreasing

Some Sunwaymans can be very difficult to open, wrapping the light in painters tape to protect the finish from a sliding tool (even padded) is recommended. Heat can help soften the sealant..