super compact 18650 with some throw

mickb

Enlightened
Guys just trying to find a compact 18650 light, preferably 4.5" or less, 3.5 ounces or less, that is an attempt at throwing to a degree. Head size can be any size as long as the length and weight are coming in around or under the above specs. Is there anything in this size getting to 15000 CD?

Last edited:

GeoBruin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Zebralight Sc600 Mk iii HI should fit the bill. 3.8 inches, 2.6 ounces and should be right in or just above your stated throw range.

The Emisar D1 may be just inside your size envelope with a larger head but will just about double the throw.

iamlucky13

Flashlight Enthusiast
Zebralight Sc600 Mk iii HI should fit the bill. 3.8 inches, 2.6 ounces and should be right in or just above your stated throw range.

The Emisar D1 may be just inside your size envelope with a larger head but will just about double the throw.

The Emisar specs are:
Intensity: 43,000 Candela
Length: 4.13"
Diameter: 1.38"
Weight: 3.5 oz excluding battery

The 43,000 Cd is at turn-on, I believe. I haven't seen runtime graphs for the D1, but presumably it steps down very quickly due to heat like the related D4. It should do better than the D4 due to a lower max power, and being slightly larger, but it's something to be aware of.

The Zebralight also has to step down due to heat, but should be slower to do so with its lower initial output.

We're not supposed to provide vendor links in the recommendations forum, but you can look up more info from International Outdoor Store or Mountain Electronics for the D1, and Zebralight, of course, has their own website.

Agpp

Enlightened
The Emisar specs are:
Intensity: 43,000 Candela
Length: 4.13"
Diameter: 1.38"
Weight: 3.5 oz excluding battery

The 43,000 Cd is at turn-on, I believe. I haven't seen runtime graphs for the D1, but presumably it steps down very quickly due to heat like the related D4. It should do better than the D4 due to a lower max power, and being slightly larger, but it's something to be aware of.

The Zebralight also has to step down due to heat, but should be slower to do so with its lower initial output.

We're not supposed to provide vendor links in the recommendations forum, but you can look up more info from International Outdoor Store or Mountain Electronics for the D1, and Zebralight, of course, has their own website.
Here you have some measurements of both D1 and Zebra:
http://budgetlightforum.com/node/56627#new
Only 3 minutes, but both step down in this time and D1 stays way throwier, despite lowering the output more.

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Nitecore P30. Single 18650, 95,500 candela, 600m throw (claimed - more realistic would be 400m), 1" body, 2" head, it does come in at almost 6". It is longer than your spec, but it is still a very compact light, especially for the throw it has. The extra inch is in the reflector, which is very deep and results in a very narrow and focused beam, as can be seen by the candela number. It still has a nice spill that lights up the intermediate area without overloading your vision. I wear mine on my belt at about 4 o'clock, and it doesn't feel uncomfortable at all. Well worth the price, even if you pay the MSRP. If you look around you can find sales an coupons to bring that down.