Super high lumens...

Morrob99

Newly Enlightened
Gentlemen;
I picked up a TM26, 4k Lumens light. It's pretty bright! But now I'm kind of hooked and I want some more. Any suggestions? I like how it's more floody. I don't really care about seeing a thousand yards away or anything crazy like that.

I was looking at the noctigon meteor.. But the customizations confuse the hell out of me.

Thanks guys!

Parrot Quack

Flashlight Enthusiast
Check with Vinh. Checkout the video for Spec 3. It's expensive and gets hot but my understanding, he's the best mod'er that I've read about.

My two favorite retail lights are the Nitecore TM16GT (which I have) and the Acebeam K60m which I don't have.

Parrot Quack

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the excellent recommendation as I'm still in the cataract and dental mode. That and if I don't wait, the WAF will kick in and I'll lose my nuts one dark night while I'm asleep. Women are so fickle regarding matters of this kind. :p

boo

Newly Enlightened
I have owned a Noctigon Meteor for a few months.
Like it like it is. No need to mod.
It lights up back yard, and neighbors yards like a flood light.
Whole lot of light from such a small package.

ven

Flashaholic
:laughing:

Well its pretty much the furthest throwing search light, with the most flood............kind of a tk75 on steroids really. Breathed on by vinh and de-domed for around 500kcd and sure its over 6000lm. Benefits due to size is longer run times on more "moderate" ouputs like 3-4000lm type outputs. Where the tk75 is pushed a bit, the extra mass will give more run times.

Or i will have it :laughing:

Recovery for me first after my unusual binge ! If it aint gone in a few week , i will bite :crazy:

Skeeterg

Enlightened
Hey morrob,I am not sure how much experience you have,maybe before jumping into such a HO light like that,do much more research here on this forum. I am still a beginner,but have done lots of reading on this site. I think it's important cause I already fried one light being a bit ignorant. Just trying to help out.

ven

Flashaholic
Yes research is key and ask away if unsure, right cells and chargers are as important as each other. ;)

Morrob99

Newly Enlightened
Hey morrob,I am not sure how much experience you have,maybe before jumping into such a HO light like that,do much more research here on this forum. I am still a beginner,but have done lots of reading on this site. I think it's important cause I already fried one light being a bit ignorant. Just trying to help out.

Hey! Not too worried about it. The 18650s are the same batteries I've been using in my vapes for years and they use the same chargers. In fact I've got nite core intelli chargers lol.

im going to check out that like by vinh. I can't find a comparison between it and the tm26... Is it a lot brighter? It looks huge!

ven

Flashaholic
Its huge, it throws a heck of a lot further and more floody or at least the same but brighter.............complete monster in every way. It takes 6 cells, being large...........ok HUGE heat is less of an issue when you want to light the world up ahead.

Other lights to ponder over which are soda can style like the tm26 are the thrunite tn36UTvn at 12,000lm+ from 3x xhp70 leds(go for shaved dome imo) and the tk75vnQ70 which is 16,000lm from the 4 xhp70 leds.............a beast.

Happy medium of 350-400kcd is the tk75vnQ, this is like the original killer throw but the new 2015 version(4 led/reflectors). The Fenix tk75 can be uses with run time kits, so up to 3 extra for.............well doubling or tripling run time. It can have the drivervnx2 option which is programmable of 20 different mode groups............= very flexible!

Silly pic

Fenix
Recommend the Q for all round use with great throw, want lumens then the Q70 version is the one
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?406724-TK75vnQ-Best-Searchlight

The link in above post to seans x60vn is like a next step up the the tk75vnQ (killer throw type) and would be a serious consideration.................or i may end up buying it...........SAVE ME MONEY PLEASE :laughing:

ven

Flashaholic
Sixteen thousand lumens, five hundred thousand CD and no heat issues.

Oh, wait, this isn't the dream channel. :p :D

Its certainly possible , just requires a HUGE light, more than likely custom made............and maybe a couple of 1000 $'s of your hard earned:p

Or simply buy this, send to vinh for some xpl-PDT and boost to over 20k
http://goinggear.com/foursevens-maelstrom-xm18-18000-lumen-cree-xm-l2-led-spotlight.html

Its there for you mr quack, go get it!:poke:

Oh just requires 28 cells of 18650 flavour to feed it!

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
just remember that 8000 lumens wont look twice as bright as 4000. just a bit brighter. You need 4 times the lumens for the eye to precive it as twice as bright. So if you got 4000 now, you need ~16000 to make you say woooow :)

ven

Flashaholic
just remember that 8000 lumens wont look twice as bright as 4000. just a bit brighter. You need 4 times the lumens for the eye to precive it as twice as bright. So if you got 4000 now, you need ~16000 to make you say woooow :)

This is correct as our eyes see the actual bumps!. From 50% to 70% to 100% on the tk75vnQ70 it is just a bump up, certainly noticeable but it does not look twice as bright. The other factor is the lens/reflector and how concentrated the hot spot is. 1000lm thrower looks brighter against a tree at 25m than a 5000lm flood light.

As NNA once pointed out, actually going back a step, makes the difference more noticeable. For example, the tm06 the UI allows forward and reverse selecting of modes. From high to turbo is a bump,hard to notice much, go back from turbo to high and a lot more noticeable(due to the pupils dilated maybe ).

Tbh i think it would take 32,000lm for mr quack to say wow...............after all he is the human lumen monster:p