Suprise! Fenix E10 Landed - w/Pics

waddup

Flashlight Enthusiast
55 lumens for 3.5 hours from one AA sounds good.
its like an e01s big brother.
if its as durable as the eo1, it may have its place?

polkiuj

Enlightened
Yeah. With my LD05 there was even no O-rings. Others have reported that too :rolleyes:
Oh well. No big deal. Or should I say a deal extreme :crackup:

A 3.7 v LiIon is probably a bit too much since It'll go into direct drive. Don't know if the cooling path and Rebel can deal with that. However if it uses similar driver as many other Fenixes an ~3 v supply might be OK. Either from a disassembled CR-V3 (at own risk!) or a LiFePO4.

It draws slightly over 1A with an unprotected li-ion.
It is helluva bright. It also gets warm rather slowly. Slightly faster than a XP-G R5 LD10 (mine, lol) running AW 14500.

We hope that it is a Rebes ES. =P Since it is rated @ 1A max current, I don't see why pushing a li-ion in it would kill it. It does have a lot of material to sink the heat.

nbp

Flashaholic
I never heard anything about this light til just now! And it isn't on 4sevens yet, not even for pre-order. Something about it is really intriguing to me though. Kind of interesting look to it, and I like Fenix generally. Might be a good backup light, just chuck an Eneloop in it every so often and you always got a solid, decent runtime, easy-peasy single mode backup. Only thing is it looks a little big to me. Could you line it up with a few other lights for reference please?

fonarik.com

Newly Enlightened
I never heard anything about this light til just now! And it isn't on 4sevens yet, not even for pre-order. Something about it is really intriguing to me though. Kind of interesting look to it, and I like Fenix generally. Might be a good backup light, just chuck an Eneloop in it every so often and you always got a solid, decent runtime, easy-peasy single mode backup. Only thing is it looks a little big to me. Could you line it up with a few other lights for reference please?

Same situation.

The first time I've seen it here.
Once again, I understand how popular lovecpf and here is information much earlier than anywhere else.

NoFair

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks like a nice light for gifts, most members here would have a better AA light.

Sverre

rookiedaddy

Enlightened
Could you line it up with a few other lights for reference please?
how about this?
FenixE10_08.jpg

I just "accidentally" drop one of mine from > 1 meter height, clumsy me... no dent, no scratch, light turns on normal, brightness same as the other unit. all is good. :grin2:

Newly Enlightened
This is pretty much exactly the 1AA light I've been looking for to give to someone. Where can I get one?

nbp

Flashaholic
@Rookiedaddy

Yes, thank you, that is a good comparison. As I suspected, it is a bit large. I don't mind a little bit larger light, but I think I would want it to do a bit more in return. That thing has to be as big as a Ra clicky, and it doesn't have the same durability or programmability, or a hefty clip to secure it in the pocket. I don't know if I would spring for that. Maybe at $25, I would. At that price it would be great for gifts; certainly not too large for purses or coat pockets.

Nonetheless, I will be watching for some reviews as these become available. lovecpf

rookiedaddy

Enlightened
This is pretty much exactly the 1AA light I've been looking for to give to someone. Where can I get one?
i guess most are still on the way to respective distributors. you can check with your local Fenix distributors/dealers.

Maybe at $25, I would. At that price it would be great for gifts; certainly not too large for purses or coat pockets.
yup... ~$25-$26.
hmm... i wish for a clip too. oh well... with that tint and finishing, it's still a steal.
i had to have it when my local distributor hand me the light, fresh from the sealed package. it fits perfectly in my palm, it comes with easy to activate forward clicky (compare to T-series of late), the finishing "feels" durable, the "trapezoid" thread is very smooth, good amount of mass for heat sinking (tho I'm not sure it needs to as it's only 50ish lumens), thick wall... ok... you get the idea... :whistle:

Patriot

Flashaholic
Sorry guys, I'm usually a big fenix fan but I must be missing something with this design. It's quite large for today's stock of AA lights and the single mode still has me scratching me head. I'm wondering what market Fenix is going after with this arrangement.

Black Rose

Flashlight Enthusiast
Interesting... strange choice of emitters, less Lumens/watt than any of the latest Cree offerings.:thinking:
It may not be the most efficient but the Rebel usually puts out a nice beam, especially the neutral white.

Although the beamshot rookiedaddy posted is rather :green: compared with the beam from my Rebel based lights or the P60 drop-in I recently built with a neutral white Rebel 90 driven at 800 mA.

sjmack

Newly Enlightened
I actually really like it. I know most people think smaller is usually better for 1xAA lights and all, but I have bigger hands so I like having some size and weight to it. Both fenix lights I own have been great, so depending on the price maybe I will pick one up.

pseudoblue

Newly Enlightened
The E10 may not be something a flashaholic is looking for. You guys may not be satisfied! But I bought it anyway (don't ask me why!! But..). Maybe
when I saw the beam and the tint for this rebel LED, I went:drool::huh: and got poisoned by Rookiedaddy :crazy:

It is just a very simple light. Just one mode, has a forward clicky, battery change from the tailcap only and.. that's it. With the price and size (easy to hold as a forward clicky), I would recommend this light to anyone who needs something affordable, straight forward and easy, with sufficient brightness, just insert battery and click.

polkiuj

Enlightened
Sorry guys, I'm usually a big fenix fan but I must be missing something with this design. It's quite large for today's stock of AA lights and the single mode still has me scratching me head. I'm wondering what market Fenix is going after with this arrangement.

Who says this light is only for non-flashaholics? Haha! I smell UPGRADE!

A clip can easily be installed.
It seems to run li-ion without an issue at all!
You can get a second mode via a resistor in the tailcap.

Viola! Ultra nice, Fenix, 2 mode twisty with a modified L1 UI, pretty bright, deep pocket carry, delicious tint ( but ringy =( ) for ~$25?
That sounds like a steal! Wahaha!

LoM

Newly Enlightened
A world of miracle and magnets (or in Portugal)

Feel the same. :shakehead I also dont understand the lack of information at the Fenxi website (no press release, no images, no reference at all)

It seems to be a Fenix attempt to enter the big retail market and a direct competitor to lights like the Energiser Lithium and Duracell Daylite (at least here, in Portugal).

rookiedaddy

Enlightened
It is just a very simple light. Just one mode, has a forward clicky, battery change from the tailcap only and.. that's it. With the price and size (easy to hold as a forward clicky), I would recommend this light to anyone who needs something affordable, straight forward and easy, with sufficient brightness, just insert battery and click.
Haha... couldn't have said it better. :thumbsup:
a breath of fresh air from greenish Cree of late...

an update:
according to official sources, the lens is "Toughened ultra-clear glass lens with anti-reflective coating"... hmmm... :thinking:

swxb12

Flashlight Enthusiast
...It seems to be a Fenix attempt to enter the big retail market and a direct competitor to lights like the Energiser Lithium and Duracell Daylite (at least here, in Portugal).

It would seem so. In the past couple of years there has been a gradual increase of single mode and basic "high-powered" 1AA LED lights introduced into the large retailers in the US. This light would probably make the cut if the price range is $20-30 usd.

Me, I also wish it had a pocket clip. But even without I think it'd be a great light for a non flashaholic, if that + contact has reverse polarity protection.