• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Surefire® Modification Service: Bore + Bezel + Tailcap Options (P, C, Z and M Series)

monanza

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Surefire® Modification Service: Bore + Bezel + Tailcap Options (P, C, and Z Serie

My my, will you look at that? This is a great service.

JoeAsheville

Newly Enlightened
Re: Surefire® Modification Service: Bore + Bezel + Tailcap Options (P, C, and Z Serie

Impressive...!

wedlpine

Enlightened

So what is the turn around time for this? When can we expect to see our beloved parts back? I'm in no hurry, just curious.

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic

So what is the turn around time for this? When can we expect to see our beloved parts back? I'm in no hurry, just curious.

Not sure yet. Tom and the shop are busy. So we may get lucky have them cut this month or it may take until January.

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast

oveready only does hard anodized hosts correct, no 6p that except for the battery diameter is otherwise stock?

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic

oveready only does hard anodized hosts correct, no 6p that except for the battery diameter is otherwise stock?
Theres only two circumstances that I recall we've ever shipped type II:

1) we bought it that way from SF and did not strip it (6Ps, Z44, Z41, A14, A19)
2) we custom made replacement extenders last year (along with type III)

If/when we offer a type II 6P, its only mod is to the ID of the body unless other upgrades are also ordered (switch, etc).

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast

BTW I see some offerings on eBay that are OOS on your website, without the grading system drop-down menu on your websit. Edit- answered today through sales listing... Is it eBay rules you can't sell something on your website that you're listing there too? I see only blue, no black on the direct website. Only eBay.

anyway thank you.

Last edited:

harm

Newly Enlightened
Re: 18mm Bore Services: Surefire P and C series

You know what? I'm going to kick off the next Batch waiting now -

borebatch - Q01 - ??? - HARM

Gotta see what I can get, but I'll find something soon. Looking at an M2 or another C2.

mckeand13

Flashlight Enthusiast

Any updates on the return of batch P?

KBobAries

Enlightened

In the original post (just below "intro"), is that a typo where it says batch Q will be 2017?

Dan

DRoc

Newly Enlightened

In the original post (just below "intro"), is that a typo where it says batch Q will be 2017?

Dan

Considering how long bore batch P took start to finish....I think 2017 is accurate.

les_garten

Newly Enlightened

Considering how long bore batch P took start to finish....I think 2017 is accurate.

Bore batch P is finished? When did that happen? I'm still in the dark!

:laughing:

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast

Bore batch P is finished? When did that happen? I'm still in the dark!

:laughing:

I got notification from Oveready on 10 Oct to send in my tube, as the batch was underway.
P
Edit: Sorry i can see from the list, you already knew that.

Last edited:

les_garten

Newly Enlightened

I got notification from Oveready on 10 Oct to send in my tube, as the batch was underway.
P
Edit: Sorry i can see from the list, you already knew that.

I guess my tongue was not stuck far enough in my cheek. I figure the batch is done when I have light!

Moddoo

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hello Everyone,

Dan has done a great job of organizing this service, collecting all of your lights, and getting them into my hands.

I am the guy that is responsible for getting the machining portion of this job completed.
We had initially hoped to get these parts done before the Holidays.
However, we had a few delays and the job had to wait until the Holidays were over.
Now we are into January and things are getting back on track with the machine shop.
I am doing my best to get them done for you guys ASAP.
I'll be away for the first part of February, but hope to have the parts machined and ready to get sorted and returned to you late February.

This is a big job with hundreds of parts and it simply takes a lot of time to get them done right.

Thank you all for your patience.

If there are any further questions, I will be happy to answer them.

-Tom

Last edited:

mckeand13

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hopefully things are rolling along and will be completed soon.

I got the "send it in" email on 10/09/15. I'm trying to be patient but almost 4 months and counting is a very long time. If I would have known how long it would take I would have passed.

les_garten

Newly Enlightened

I got the "send it in" email on 10/09/15. I'm trying to be patient but almost 4 months and counting is a very long time. If I would have known how long it would take I would have passed.

When ya say it that way, it sounds like a long time...

JoeAsheville

Newly Enlightened

Well...Tom did say late February in his post. I'm sure he hasn't replied because he also stated he wouldn't be in the shop in early February.

I'm looking at it this way...February 2016 is a heck of a lot earlier than any date in 2017.