• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Surefire® Modification Service: Bore + Bezel + Tailcap Options (P, C, Z and M Series)

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Surefire® Modification Service: Bore + Bezel + Tailcap Options (P, C, and Z Serie

I think les is saying he thought having to send the body in October last year meant it would be worked on soon. I also inferred that we must be punctual and send in our bodies ASAP, to ensure there wouldn't be any delays.

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Re: Surefire® Modification Service: Bore + Bezel + Tailcap Options (P, C, and Z Serie

My apologies. We've done this enough times to have procedures in place to ensure quality with minimum delays. Parts arrived soon enough to finish this batch 2 months ago. The shop we selected reported and appeared to be ready and was not. We will not be using them again.

Parts have been rerouted to our trusted machinist who was not available last year. He's promised a speedy turn around and we have fingers crossed. If this starts slipping to far into March, we will start looking at closing the bore batch and returning parts, unprocessed.

Espionage Studio

Enlightened
Surefire® Modification Service: Bore + Bezel + Tailcap Options (P, C, Z and M...

For what it's worth I'm patient and do not mind the wait, knowing in the end I'm getting a quality mod that's done with precision and care. Shart happens, and personally I think it would be more trouble getting the part back and having to ship it out again. I was more than impressed with what I got from the last time I send OR my host and am looking forward to this one as well. Thanks for the update Dan.

Last edited:

harm

Newly Enlightened

I'll voice to that. I don't mind the wait since knowing the end result is exactly what I want.

JoeAsheville

Newly Enlightened

I, also, do not mind waiting for a quality product.

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast

I've waited quite a bit longer to use a different boring service, with a significantly higher price. I don't mind waiting longer.

FortyCaliber

Newly Enlightened
Re: Surefire® Modification Service: Bore + Bezel + Tailcap Options (P, C, Z and M...

For what it's worth I'm patient and do not mind the wait, knowing in the end I'm getting a quality mod that's done with precision and care. Shart happens, and personally I think it would be more trouble getting the part back and having to ship it out again. I was more than impressed with what I got from the last time I send OR my host and am looking forward to this one as well. Thanks for the update Dan.

+1

delus

Newly Enlightened
Re: Surefire® Modification Service: Bore + Bezel + Tailcap Options (P, C, Z and M...

When electron guru first said they might be ready by the holidays, I was thinking "you shouldn't have said that." and I'll bet that it wasn't long before he thought the same thing. I had researched past batches, and was thinking "more like the middle of February."
I remember Post #711 which shows how much control he has after he sends them out."They're currently in Minnesota, waiting for machine time. I don't have more on the production window, other than 'soon'."

So the way I figure, we're only three days behind schedule.

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Surefire® Modification Service: Bore + Bezel + Tailcap Options (P, C, Z and M...

Our machinist heard everyone loud and clear...

BBQ.jpg

Last edited:

GusManB

Enlightened

Hi,

I would be needing a Bore done on a 6P.
How can I get on the List?

JoeAsheville

Newly Enlightened

Instructions for the bore batch are in post 1 in this thread.

GusManB

Enlightened

Thanks, just found it, I came to this thread via Google.

harm

Newly Enlightened

So any update on these since 2/24?

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic

So any update on these since 2/24?
3 cell bodies are still a few weeks out.
2 cell bodies are now in my possession and going through ultrasonic:

BBP4.jpg

Should have many dudes shipped by next week.

Please contact us for any last minute adds/changes, especially if you've moved!

harm

Newly Enlightened

borebatch - Q01 - Surefire C2 - HARM

There now I know what I got, was able to get a NIB C2.

FortyCaliber

Newly Enlightened

:twothumbs I always smile when I receive information that a shipping label has been created from Eugene!

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic

yup yup. Spent the weekend getting them ready. Most ship today with tracking shortly...

Sorry again for the delays. New orings for everyone!