Surefire’s 2010 New Lights Discussion

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Al, after double checking the 2010 weapon lights catalog, it had a note in the chart, saying field compatible flashlight models, and it listed all the E-series lights...so, was my first assumption right? The LM1 and LM2 should be useable on the E-series light, and should have a "C-to-E A12'ish" adapter, correct?

EDIT: It was in the 09 Catalog.

Last edited:

Size15's

Flashaholic
Al, after double checking the 2010 weapon lights catalog, it had a note in the chart, saying field compatible flashlight models, and it listed all the E-series lights...so, was my first assumption right? The LM1 and LM2 should be useable on the E-series light, and should have a "C-to-E A12'ish" adapter, correct?
Unfortunately no.
You have to consider that SureFire pull together their catalogs in advance of SHOT Shows, and they have to make use of the best available information at the time.

Both the LM1 and the LM2 are single-piece Lamp Modules.
During development it made sense to use the KX1A and KX2C bezels with the necessary adapters but for production both the LM1 and the LM2 screw directly into the housing bodies with the LM2 being able to host the 2nd SF123A it needs.

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Man...I don't like SF going away from their modular concept (PK, are you reading this??? LOL). Glad I got my A20 adapter while you could still find them. Why must you be right, Al...

Thanks none the less. I'll still get one, just to see what can be done, lego wise. Hope to get a KX1A also so I can have a 110 lumen single stage E1L :devil:

Size15's

Flashaholic
Man...I don't like SF going away from their modular concept (PK, are you reading this??? LOL). Glad I got my A20 adapter while you could still find them. Why must you be right, Al...
If PK was reading this I'd tell him to get back to work his ICON new products! Let SureFire deal with it's own new products.

Al :nana:

DimeRazorback

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can't trust anything, maybe?

:nana:

The only trustworthy info, is that it isn't high on the priority list of SF, so only time will tell :)